- Rated 1 out of 5you gave me a free premium for 60+ days and ruined my firefox performance by using 5.3 gig ram on my 2 gig system. win 10 64 bit creators update.removed your extension now my firefox only uses 368 meg instead. you never asked if I wanted this and I reinstalled tured backup and scync OFF now uses 489 meg but the extension only opens the pop menu if I'm on my dashboard as soon as I leave it stops working.on top of everything I have to wait 61 days to get rid of the premium freebee from hell Uninstalled for goodHi There, I would like to apologize for this certain inconvenience!
You may have auto-updated updated to Blur 7.5.2364 and this extension was rescinded. Please download install the current version of Blur for Firefox (7.5.2333.) This will resolve the issue you are experiencing.
- Rated 5 out of 5One of the most frequently used addons which makes life easier.
No complaints at all...except a high subscription fee for premium services.
- Rated 5 out of 5I was having an issue with Blur in Firefox that only recently started. Up until now everything worked as expected.
One support ticket later and everything was back to normal. Seems I had jumped the gun on rolling into the Beta V55.0 version of Firefox and this caused Blur (and a couple of other extensions) to misbehave. Rolled back to Firefox 54 and all is well again.
- Rated 1 out of 5I loved the masked emails until the extension stop working in all my firefox installations. I guess it is time to move on.Blur is fully compatible with the official release of Firefox for Desktop, currently 54. Firefox 55 will be official next month and will feature "Web Extensions" -- a major overhaul to how Firefox handles extensions. Blur will be updated this month to be fully compatible with the upcoming release. For now, we recommend you use the official, stable release of Firefox to continue to enjoy Blur. Questions - just let us know: support [at] get abine [dot] com
- Rated 4 out of 5I like this add-on very much. It helps me feel much safer on the web. The tracker protection seems to work in the background. I got a pop up from the Wired magazine site to put them on a white list, so it's clearly working. The masked emails are fantastic. It makes managing subscriptions, notifications, and spam so much easier and safer. The customer support is excellent. They responded quickly to my requests. I appreciate their free service very much.
The only improvements I would ask for is to explore possibilities for Deleteme for people who live outside the USA and to improve on the autolock function.
Overall it's a great add-on performing an important service for people who value their privacy and security.
- Rated 3 out of 5I use this free addon to:
- automatically block trackers.
- mask my real email when registering to random sites.
And it works great at that!
Maybe it's a bit bloated than in the past (when it was called DoNotTrackMe), but.. so far, so good. (I just hope they'll keep respecting our privacy even in the future)
EDIT: at the end of 2018, Albine's db was compromised and various user info was leaked. I contacted support to ask about my situation, but nobody ever replied.
I changed my master password, but this doesn't bode well for security and privacy :\
- Rated 3 out of 5After some logins, for example, a popup stays forever on top of functional parts of the page, where usually the account commands are on forums and e-mail client pages, preventing the user to perform basic operations on those pages.
Dear Abine, please don't try to contact me or say my feed-back is important etc., just stop this popup.
- Rated 4 out of 5The only thing this lacks right now, is support for non-US credit cards...
- Rated 5 out of 5I have been using Blur for years without a problem. I had a little issue today and customer support solved it in minutes. I strongly suggest using it.
- Rated 5 out of 5Thanks!!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5I signed-up with Abine years ago when it was simply DoNotTrackMe, after watching (I think it was) a 60 Minutes CBS segment about how our personal data is collected and shared among data services companies. Good grief anybody that knows anything about you shares it for $$ such that after a while Everybody will know Everything about your surfing and shopping habits. Well enter Abine to help put a stop to such shenanigans!
We have a Premium account which is worth the price by itself IMO for protecting our "Home Phone" number. We hand-out our Masked phone as our Home Phone and anyone who abuses the privilege can be Turned Off so we are never bothered again. And it's so nice to be able to change the number this Masked phone forwards to--typically my cell but if the wife is expecting a call I can change it to her cell (and back again) at any time. Very nice.
But even the free version has great value for its ability to block the data aggregation that goes on otherwise. I have a couple of free accounts apart from our Premium.
The only problems I've had with Blur, though not severe enough to lower my rating, is that sometimes masked emails aren't forwarded no doubt owing to mail servers doing aggressive spam filtering. Since I only use Masked Email for non-critical purposes such as shopping, this problem has not been a show-stopper for me.
Love Blur, and Abine, and recommend everyone to use it to protect themselves in so many ways.
- Rated 1 out of 5pop ups really? hides half the screen...junk...trash...no thanks.Hi there, I'm sorry you ran into this! Is it possible for you to contact us via support @get abine.com? I would like to learn a bit more about this so that we can better serve all of our customers. Thanks!
- Rated 1 out of 5I'm sorry for giving this the lowest score but I don't feel comfortable with giving a addon good score that limits the free version to more or less forcing the user to upgrade to a subscription plan. The free version lacks sync between devices together with backup/restore which is just horrible together with the password generator. It's impossible to remember passwords generated to the entire sync feature is basically forced upon the user.
I would happily pay for a sub if the features didn't limit one and other but as it is now I'll pass and use any other free addon with the same features.
Also, in order to lure people in to the whole subscription plan they give you 30 days free whenever you create your account just to make sure you generate passwords with the generator and then have to subscribe in order to sync.
For a security addon this is very lucrative and I would recommend anyone to stay away from this.We appreciate your feedback and look forward to adding it into future subscription types. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We're always listening!
- Rated 4 out of 5I've recently completely ditched lastpass for this. The features for the price is great. However the UI is a little clunky in comparison to lastpass. Never the less totally worth it.
Update: So, nothing against the extension. However, the premium side is not, (or at least was not at the time) supported in the uk. Yet they allowed me to pay for it. (Never received a refund either)
Never the less, Love the other things that are available. Though I have switched to keepass, as I feel it's more private
- Rated 5 out of 5Great to have this kind of add-on that can be very handy to keep secure passwords and information online.Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5So far the best password manager i've used
- Rated 5 out of 5One of the best add-ons I ever installed. I love it. Great Work!
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is an absolute necessity. I feel safe with this extension when surfing the web. Remembering all the various emails and passwords without Blur would be impossible. Technical support is courteous, efficient and fast. It is an exceptional add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5Use the free version of Masked mails. Experienced some issues with the forwarding of the messages to my regular mail account. Helpdesk solved the problem within a couple of hours.
Amazing service, even to the non-paying users.
- Rated 5 out of 5I use it for some years, without any problem. When it did not work it was a problem caused by myself. I don't use the premium version because of very low income. I am a pensioner.
Also Support helped me twice without a hassle.
- Rated 5 out of 5I have Blur premium and use it for masked cards and emails mostly. The firefox integration works well - very happy.
- Rated 5 out of 5The best way to go is the Premium version. I hate to pay for anything like this, but is well worth it for the convienience and speed.
- Rated 5 out of 5il componente non mi fa visualizzare i video sul sito gazzetta.it.Ho fatto una prova togliendo e poi rimettendo il componente aggiuntivo e questo blocca la visualizzazione.