- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is a lifesaver. Best password manager and best virtual wallet i've come across in my search for the best products online. I love Masked Emails and Masked Cards.
- Rated 1 out of 5I have used maskme since it first appeared. This shift from maskme to blur was completely unnecessary, and with the new update for Firefox quantum maskme is not working and i lost all my passwords & masked emails. That tells me one thing this company is completely unreliable. If your a newcomer i recommend looking for a alternative elsewhere, if your an old user its time to look for something else.
Edit: I appreciate the effort but. I was well aware of the migration to blur, and i have tried doing so. many times in fact, every time it ended in failure. I already did roll back to an older version. Since there is no option to export the data in maskme (or hidden away to a point where its close to impossible to find) i had to process the data manually. i already moved to a different plugin.Thank you for being such a long-time user. Unfortunately Maskme has been end of life for years and we've made dozens of attempts to migrate users over to avoid situations like these. We care *passionately* about every customer (as most of the reviews here can attest to) and are deeply troubled by this situation you have reported. I recommend rolling back to your pre-quantum firefox and then migrating to Blur before upgrading - that way we can ensure your data is safe and secure. Please contact us at blur-support [at] get abine [dot] com and ask for Robin so we help.
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is the awesome! I don't understand the negative reviews. This extension and the folks behind it are top notch. I use Blur every single day for logins, passwords, virtual credit cards and anonymous email addresses; can't ask for much more in a privacy extension!
- Rated 1 out of 5Unclear up front what it does and how it works.
However after installation it immediately demands both my email, and (yet another) password, still without explaining what it does and why it needs those.
With all this, the extension has the foul stench of a commercial endeavour that will eventually try to lock me in, sell my data, or give it to the U.S. government.
So, absolute crapware.Thanks for trying Blur. We'd be happy to share details of our host-proof encryption model to assure that we have no access to your data. Please contact us at blur-support [at] get abine [dot] com and ask for Robin so we can help clarify and answer any questions you have. Also, you can use blur as a tracker blocker without a username or password, but to utilize the more advanced features an account is required.
- Rated 5 out of 5This is some must have privacy sofrware. I've tried others like ghostery and disconnect but blur is the best
- Rated 1 out of 5I occaisonally use the add on to help transition myself back to using Firefox Sync. I recently enabled it, and found it deleted ALL my saved passwords in Firefox. I will not be using Blur again.
- Rated 5 out of 5I've been using Blur for over a year now to remember my sign-in information for the various web-sites to which I subscribe and to block trackers.
Outstanding support, very helpful and prompt. Highly recommend.
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is hands down the BEST pw manager/ privacy extension. Must have for organization and payments online. 5 stars.
- Rated 1 out of 5I first started using this add-on when it was called DoNotTrackMe. That's all it seemed to do was block ads/trackers. Then it became Blur without much changes except the graphical design. Then after one update all it wanted to do is manage my passwords. Click the tool button or settings were only password related. Then after another update it was back to just ad/tracker blocking. Then it became an annoying password manager nagging me all the time if I want to save passwords Now it's back to just being a ad/tracker blocker. Perhaps I'll make up it's mind for it and remove it from my browser.
- Rated 5 out of 5I was having an issue with Blur in Firefox that only recently started. Up until now everything worked as expected.
One support ticket later and everything was back to normal. Seems I had jumped the gun on rolling into the Beta V55.0 version of Firefox and this caused Blur (and a couple of other extensions) to misbehave. Rolled back to Firefox 54 and all is well again.
- Rated 5 out of 5I've been using Blur on Chrome and Firefox almost since inception. These guys are the ... stuff. These are quick to respond to my queries and have released updates with a number of my suggestions. If they can't (or won't) do something they'll be open and honest about it.
This is one of the few companies I have a great deal of confidence in.
- Rated 5 out of 5I wrote a review a couple of weeks ago being kind of desperate with the latest Firefox update. Blur wasn't working the way it used to. Well, this is past and everything is now back to normal with Blur working as well if not better than ever. Great add-on!
- Rated 5 out of 5La utilizzo da molti anni (prima aveva un altro nome) e mai avuto problemi o perdite di dati (es: utilizzo le stesse "masked email" dalla registrazione... ) .... installata su tutti i pc.... semper fidelis....
- Rated 4 out of 5Since the last update to 7.5.9010 my Firefox creates massive Memoryproblems. Firefox often stops working, the Harddisk is very busy. After deactivating Blur, the Problems stops.
I Hope you will fix this Bug soon.
- - - - - - -
As recommended I contacted the blur-support. There help was fast and effective. Now my Firefox runs also with Blur fine. Thank you very much. Great support.Hi There, I'm sorry you have encountered this! Can you contact us blur-support [at] get abine [dot] com so we can gather some additional information abut this? Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5One of the primary reasons I use Blur is for the virtual card feature. I do a lot of purchasing online, and regularly deal with theft of CC numbers. - which means filing disputes, cancelling the card, and waiting for a new card to arrive.
My CC provider also offers virtual cards, but they've often been problematic (charges flagged as fraud, VERY slow support, etc) the first time out.
So far, I haven't had a problem using Blur's masked CCs, and it's a real load off my mind to know I can avoid scammers when buying online.
Also, so far, Blur's email support has been fast too.
- Rated 5 out of 5I'm pleased to get Blur v7.5.9010, compatible with the "next-generation" Firefox v55.0.2.
Blur is a versatile shield. Don't leave 127.0.0.1 without it.
- Rated 5 out of 5I've been using Blur for several years now to remember my sign-in information for the various web-sites to which I subscribe and to block trackers. Blur excels at both functions. Recently I started having problems with Blur after the latest Firefox 55 update, so I called Blur support. The phone rang 3 times and a live person answered, what a surprise. I explained my situation and the tech immediately sent me email instructions on how to downgrade Firefox to a previous version that would work with Blur until Firefox made the necessary changes that will allow Blur to work with the latest Firefox update. I followed the instructions and now everything is working fine. You can't beat support like that. I'm sold on Blur and you will be too when you install it.
- Rated 1 out of 5I love this addon, but unfortunately it is not working under FF v55.x. Even Version 7.5.2333, which was released to be compatible with FF v55.x, is not working under FF v55.x.
After release of an working version under FF v55.x I will update my review
- Rated 2 out of 5I have used Blur for years. Loved it until 8/9/17 it just quit working after firefox update