- Rated 5 out of 5formidable
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is the best browser extension I have come across. It helps me in create a strongly encrypted passwords very easily. Email masking is great to prevent spam, and it helps me Auto-fill forms - VERY convenient. Overall it is a strong privacy oriented browser extension.
- Rated 5 out of 5My main motivation for using Blur is cyber security. Today, all of our personal information is at risk, every website/app forces you to create a password. If you do not have a system for creating unique passwords, hackers can easily access all the website you use. So Blur gives me a secure place to store passwords in an encrypted system.
Overall, I like the look and feel of the extension. It does a great job explaining what services are provided. I enjoy the dashboard site as well, but I’d suggest making the buttons less generic and larger.
What I like most about Blur is the password generator. I believe people have the tendency to create passwords that are easy to remember but also easy to figure out. Once someone has access to a password you are using, they can easily use it to access your other accounts. What I like least about Blur is putting my faith into a third-party solution to house my personal passwords. That said, I did some digging and Blur (like other password solutions) uses encryption that prevents them from accessing my data so I feel a little better knowing that.
Blur is a great tool to generate and store your passwords. I recommend this product to anyone who often forgets their password or for someone who needs to do a better job at creating more secure passwords.
- Rated 5 out of 5Since I installed and started using Blur, it has really helped to protect my accounts and credit card info via the card masking feature. The password manager and masked emails are very helpful. I will recommend Blur to my friends and family.
- Rated 5 out of 5I first used Blur about 2 years ago. At first I was suspicious as it seemed too good to be true. However, I was impressed and contnued to use Blur. Recently, I changed from Chrome to Firefox. At first I was bereft as Blur did not work, however, after a query to Blur told me how to fix this, it was like welcoming an old friend back. Thoroughlly enjoy this extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5I have the latest version of Firefox on my galaxy S8 but it tells me that the Blur add on is not available for my platform. What-up dudes?Hi there - thanks for the feedback. We've released Blur v. 8.1 in June which should have resolved any open issues that you were experiencing. If you continue to have issues please email us directly at blur-support[at]getabine[dot]com so that we can assist you with your account.
- Rated 2 out of 5Terrible. Blur doesn't Remerber jack. It constantly tells me no account created, yet when I go into Blur there is the information
- Rated 4 out of 5Blur is great.
First it was not clear what the all deal is about but after some time it was clear to be a must have privacy software.
- Rated 4 out of 5It does a very good job, just as I expected from Albine.
- Rated 5 out of 5You can use Blur's masked email addresses, credit cards, and phone numbers - the safest way to avoid marketing or identity theft. Auto-fill is also helpful for ordering items from sites you visit often. Blur/Abine makes your life easier and you feel safe.
- Rated 5 out of 5Cool
- Rated 5 out of 5I love using Blur for my passwords and my credit cards. I also use the masked phone number and email features a lot. They are excellent and I can get to my passwords any time. The only pain in using Blur is that so many login pages must be difficult for Blur to find. About 25% of the time I go to a login page and blur either can't see the user name and password box or it tells me I don't have an account there. Also, it tries to fill in my info in forms that have nothing to do with my name or anything private. I do spend time working around these glitches, but it is totally worth it.
I drink Bulletproof coffee. I love the coffee, but their shopping site is horrible. I used masked cards to buy an order and watched as thieves tried to use the card again but got denied because the funds were all used. That incident alone saved my credit card and a whole lot of hassle cleaning up that sort of mess.
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is a lifesaver. Best password manager and best virtual wallet i've come across in my search for the best products online. I love Masked Emails and Masked Cards.
- Rated 1 out of 5I have used maskme since it first appeared. This shift from maskme to blur was completely unnecessary, and with the new update for Firefox quantum maskme is not working and i lost all my passwords & masked emails. That tells me one thing this company is completely unreliable. If your a newcomer i recommend looking for a alternative elsewhere, if your an old user its time to look for something else.
Edit: I appreciate the effort but. I was well aware of the migration to blur, and i have tried doing so. many times in fact, every time it ended in failure. I already did roll back to an older version. Since there is no option to export the data in maskme (or hidden away to a point where its close to impossible to find) i had to process the data manually. i already moved to a different plugin.Thank you for being such a long-time user. Unfortunately Maskme has been end of life for years and we've made dozens of attempts to migrate users over to avoid situations like these. We care *passionately* about every customer (as most of the reviews here can attest to) and are deeply troubled by this situation you have reported. I recommend rolling back to your pre-quantum firefox and then migrating to Blur before upgrading - that way we can ensure your data is safe and secure. Please contact us at blur-support [at] get abine [dot] com and ask for Robin so we help.
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is the awesome! I don't understand the negative reviews. This extension and the folks behind it are top notch. I use Blur every single day for logins, passwords, virtual credit cards and anonymous email addresses; can't ask for much more in a privacy extension!
- Rated 1 out of 5Unclear up front what it does and how it works.
However after installation it immediately demands both my email, and (yet another) password, still without explaining what it does and why it needs those.
With all this, the extension has the foul stench of a commercial endeavour that will eventually try to lock me in, sell my data, or give it to the U.S. government.
So, absolute crapware.Thanks for trying Blur. We'd be happy to share details of our host-proof encryption model to assure that we have no access to your data. Please contact us at blur-support [at] get abine [dot] com and ask for Robin so we can help clarify and answer any questions you have. Also, you can use blur as a tracker blocker without a username or password, but to utilize the more advanced features an account is required.