Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13081963, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent product but has for me one irritating aspect and that is that on some websites, the Email Masking option does not appear when you right click on the page's email input. Do the developers have any suggestions as to why this happens and is there anything I can do to correct it?Hi there - thanks for the support and the feedback. If you ever come across a website where Blur is not auto filling correctly for you, just email us directly at blur-support[at]getabine[dot]com so that we can resolve the issue ASAP!
- by Firefox user 13062530, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5You can't backup data (even manually) if you're a free user. So basically if a mishap happens, you lose access to all accounts created via Blur. The add-on was so good, until I learned about this.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi There. Even as a free user you can backup your data at any time. Simply navigate to your settings page and set your data to backup locally, or you can choose to export your stored data on demand at any time.
- by Firefox user 13814631, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I loved Mask.Me, the original version of Blur.
I had been using blur since its rebranding until I damaged my laptop about 2-3 years ago. I recently purchased a new one in Dec 2017. I added blur immediately to store all my accounts and password.
Today, 2/25/18, I reset my firefox settings to its default and it re-installed my firefox addons. When I logged back into my blur account, ALL OF MY INFO WAS GONE.
What a useless addon. What is the point of having a blur login account?
I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
I will now use firefox's password manager.
The add-on also slowed my browser when I was working on my new wordpress based site.
- by Firefox user 13799108, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Easy to use, great tools and SECURE. I have taught my family to use this tool to manage accounts and access sites securely. Best product I have used in years and if you have any questions Abine responds quickly.
- by Firefox user 13272818, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Blur is the best browser extension I have come across. It helps me in create a strongly encrypted passwords very easily. Email masking is great to prevent spam, and it helps me Auto-fill forms - VERY convenient. Overall it is a strong privacy oriented browser extension.
- by Firefox user 13760102, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5My main motivation for using Blur is cyber security. Today, all of our personal information is at risk, every website/app forces you to create a password. If you do not have a system for creating unique passwords, hackers can easily access all the website you use. So Blur gives me a secure place to store passwords in an encrypted system.
Overall, I like the look and feel of the extension. It does a great job explaining what services are provided. I enjoy the dashboard site as well, but I’d suggest making the buttons less generic and larger.
What I like most about Blur is the password generator. I believe people have the tendency to create passwords that are easy to remember but also easy to figure out. Once someone has access to a password you are using, they can easily use it to access your other accounts. What I like least about Blur is putting my faith into a third-party solution to house my personal passwords. That said, I did some digging and Blur (like other password solutions) uses encryption that prevents them from accessing my data so I feel a little better knowing that.
Blur is a great tool to generate and store your passwords. I recommend this product to anyone who often forgets their password or for someone who needs to do a better job at creating more secure passwords.
- by Firefox user 13748987, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Since I installed and started using Blur, it has really helped to protect my accounts and credit card info via the card masking feature. The password manager and masked emails are very helpful. I will recommend Blur to my friends and family.
- by Firefox user 13746008, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I first used Blur about 2 years ago. At first I was suspicious as it seemed too good to be true. However, I was impressed and contnued to use Blur. Recently, I changed from Chrome to Firefox. At first I was bereft as Blur did not work, however, after a query to Blur told me how to fix this, it was like welcoming an old friend back. Thoroughlly enjoy this extension.
- by Firefox user 12885640, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have the latest version of Firefox on my galaxy S8 but it tells me that the Blur add on is not available for my platform. What-up dudes?Hi there - thanks for the feedback. We've released Blur v. 8.1 in June which should have resolved any open issues that you were experiencing. If you continue to have issues please email us directly at blur-support[at]getabine[dot]com so that we can assist you with your account.
- by Firefox user 12736905, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Terrible. Blur doesn't Remerber jack. It constantly tells me no account created, yet when I go into Blur there is the information