Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12343100, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This used to block all the trackers, but not anymore. Looking at the details on any given site shows a whole mess of trackers are unblocked. Even some that I blocked only minutes before on another site! For instance, Facebook Connect keeps coming up as unblocked, no matter how many times I block it. Either it's a tracker and should be blocked or it's not and it shouldn't show up on the list. Don't call it a tracker then unblock it for me. I no longer trust this and will be looking for an alternative.Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience. Sometimes, we unblock trackers by default to preserve a website's core functionality. Check out our FAQs page for more info: http://www.abine.com/faq.html#unblocked
- by Firefox user 12132878, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have become a fan of Blur and it's services. I look forward to improvements. Seems a little "wonky" when using with McAfee Safe Search. Had a problem that Support Team was quick to resolve. Premium Members really get first-rate service.
- by Firefox user 12335945, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I got this add-on in order to anonymize my Google searches. It was working really well. However, since the update about ten days ago, the Private Search feature has been removed. Everything else seems fine, but since I only installed the add-on for Private Search I have to give it a low rating. Question to developers: Will this feature be restored at some point?Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, due to extenuating circumstances, we did have to remove this feature from Blur in Firefox. We do hope to have this feature re-implemented in the future, but we don't currently have an ETA as to when this might happen.
- by Firefox user 12299000, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Granted, I haven't been using this for long, about a week, but I upgraded within days as I was so pleased. I see this being very helpful to me. I'm huge on privacy, and this assists me in maintaining the privacy I desire. Yes, there are quirks, but that's with anything. I'm glad to support this concept and look forward to future improvements.
- by rl34, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Broke my phone and when restored data to new one, Albine 2FA wasn't there in my authenticater app for some unknown reason. Blur/Albine support helped me get going again in a few hours even though it was a free account. Thanks Will at Albine support!
- by Bernd Kühn, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5DoNotTrackMe von Abine benutze ich mit Safari und mit Firefox schon sehr lange, aktuell sogar als Premium-User. Extrem hilfreich zur Maskierung von e-Mail Adresse gegen Spam und ungewollten Newsletterflut!
Der Service ist schnell, kompetent und sehr professionell!
Sehr zu empfehlen!
I use DoNotTrackMe from Abine with Safari and Firefox for a long time, now even as a premium user. Extremely helpful for masking e-mail address from spam and unwanted newsletters flood!
The service is quick, knowledgeable and very professional!
- by Firefox user 12298757, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I am frustrated with Blur. It continues to appear whenever I am entering information necessary to functioning. Adding
fake information will not complete the task I have at any moment, a task necessary to functioning. I need to know how to get rid of this incredible nuisance.Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. You can always disable any feature of Blur that you do not wish to use. One of the great features of Blur is that it's extremely customizable! For instructions on how to disable the features that you don't want, check out our FAQs page, here: https://dnt.abine.com/#help/faq/faq-configureSettings
- by Firefox user 12284137, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Blur has the technologies you need to stay secure and protect your privacy, which is what makes it unique and invaluable. It is well designed and well implemented, and its interface is intuitive and attractive.
Lots to praise and bloody little to complain about.
- by Joel, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I used to use LastPass but was persuaded to switch to Blur because of all the extra features - big mistake!
I use this app mostly as a password manager, but it doesn't even manage to do the basics consistently - it often flat-out refuses to fill my passwords, forcing me deep into its terrible UI to manually copy-and-paste my password (that's right, it doesn't have a 'copy to clipboard' feature). Often, it decides to remember passwords even when I tell it not to. In a word, inconsistent!
The tracker blocking is all right, but often blocks the wrong stuff, and doesn't block the stuff I want it to.
Advice to Abine: do one thing, and do it well. This app is bloated, ugly and confusing. It tries to do too many things, and consequently ends up doing them all badly. I will be going back to Ghostery for tracker blocking and attempting to find something else for password management (I hate Lastpass too, but not nearly as much as I hate this app!)Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Whenever Blur does not recognize a form field, you can always use the "right-click" context menu in order to force Blur to auto-fill the correct information for you.
Additionally, for instructions on how to disable the account saving feature, check out our FAQs page, here: https://dnt.abine.com/#help/faq/faq-passwordManagementSettings2
Can you email us with some specifics regarding your comment about tracker blocking: "often blocks the wrong stuff, and doesn't block the stuff I want it to."? Can you provide an example of a time where we're not "blocking" something that you want to be blocked?
Please email us at support [at] get abine [dot] com, and we're more than happy to try and work through any issues that you're experiencing.
- by Firefox user 12227844, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Two years ago I got so fed up with spam infiltration that I was searching for an adjunct to gmail that would eliminate ALL spam and allow me to identify the source of abuse of my email address (e.g., adding my address to bulk lists for sale). I came across DoNotTrackMe (now operating as Blur) which allowed me to establish a unique email address for any individual, business, or any other entity for that matter. Then when these entities send email to me, they first arrive at Blur which then forwards them to my regular email address. The senders do not know anything about my regular email address; only Blur does. When someone sells my Blur email address, I can go to my master list of email entities on the Blur website and turn off the forwarding function for the specific Blur address. Then I can decide whether to change the Blur address for the offending vendor if I want to keep contact with it (after spanking it for selling my email address), or not. Either way, the entity to which my address was sold is still using an address that ends up in Blur purgatory, not in my inbox! NEVER a problem with Blur in these two years I've been using it. Now if we could just figure out a way to apply the same capability to managing credit card usage on the internet so that unique card numbers could be assigned to individual vendors, but all being routed to a single card. The source of fraud could be isolated very easily. But that's a project for another day!
- by Brian, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5One stop shopping for all your privacy needs. Great product, great team, and prompt response to issues.. These guys keep innovating too. Can't live without masked emails now. Really grateful for this software. Think you will be as well.
- by Bjay, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Is there a much easier method of making payments for this plug APP like an MONTHLY billing or it's has to be around quarterly ever 4 monthly in payment ? Also how do I update the Blur app to an newer password and login ?!?Thanks for the rating! Unfortunately, we no longer offer a monthly premium subscription plan, and currently only offer the yearly-based plans. Feel free to email us at support [at] get abine [dot] com with any additional questions or concerns that you may have. Thanks!
- by C8151DB8, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Blur is a very ingenious and extremely easy to use browser utility that has kept my credit card number, street address, and email address hidden from online vendors. It actually makes shopping online safer than going to the Mall. Their competent professionals provide you with a rare quality of customer support that makes you feel like a real VIP. When I needed questions answered or issues taken care of, they replied to my emails within 12 hours. All my questions were fully answered and my issues were quickly and very politely resolved.
- by Rick, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've used the free version for quite a while now and one of the things is I just love how you can use masked email addresses when on all these websites that ask for an email. It helps when replies come in. You can check if it comes back from where you used it.
One thing about the company, I had a small query which they advertise will be answered in 3-4 days as a free user.
They came back same day with solution. How's that for service. Couldn't ask for better!
- by Jale2020, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good BUT it creates problems on some websites such as Flixster where it stops the rating stars from working correctly.Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. This is due to the tracker blocking feature of Blur. Some websites actually rely on trackers for their site to function properly (and they hide these trackers inside buttons) just like the issue that you've described here.
You can always "unblock" specific trackers in Blur to restore full functionality back to the site that you're visiting. For instructions on how to do so, please refer to our FAQs page, here: https://dnt.abine.com/#help/faq/faq-trackerOff
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us directly at support [at] get abine [dot] com. Thanks!
- by mournlight, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Easy! User Friendly! You can go back and check what masked email you used for what web site anytime - and use it again! Customer Service is responsive and quick. I have zero complaints about this product. I've been a user for about 3 years. I get far less spam. It is also helpful to see who sends how many emails (even when they've told you they won't share your info or keep emailing you.) Great tool!
- by Rollin M Thompson, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is the best service I know of. My experience with using masked cards has been wonderful. Customer support has been absolutely fantastic. I am a Premier member and whenever I have had an issue, it has been addressed promptly and professionally. I really, really like this product!
- by Johan Lindén, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Thanks for your prompt answer! Uninstalling and installing solved the problem until the next restart of Firefox. So that was a temporary fix. The Icon is back to blur_by_abine 5.31983.
Any known problems with other addons?Can you please email us at support [at] get abine [dot] com with a list of all of the additional browser extensions that you have installed on your internet browser?
- by Emanuel Ravelli, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I use Blur for one purpose: to easily create controllable email addresses for privacy purposes. This add-on performs that function very well. Blur is much deeper than that, offering useful privacy services for those who need the functionality. Add excellent customer support, and you have a winner.