- Rated 5 out of 5Two years ago I got so fed up with spam infiltration that I was searching for an adjunct to gmail that would eliminate ALL spam and allow me to identify the source of abuse of my email address (e.g., adding my address to bulk lists for sale). I came across DoNotTrackMe (now operating as Blur) which allowed me to establish a unique email address for any individual, business, or any other entity for that matter. Then when these entities send email to me, they first arrive at Blur which then forwards them to my regular email address. The senders do not know anything about my regular email address; only Blur does. When someone sells my Blur email address, I can go to my master list of email entities on the Blur website and turn off the forwarding function for the specific Blur address. Then I can decide whether to change the Blur address for the offending vendor if I want to keep contact with it (after spanking it for selling my email address), or not. Either way, the entity to which my address was sold is still using an address that ends up in Blur purgatory, not in my inbox! NEVER a problem with Blur in these two years I've been using it. Now if we could just figure out a way to apply the same capability to managing credit card usage on the internet so that unique card numbers could be assigned to individual vendors, but all being routed to a single card. The source of fraud could be isolated very easily. But that's a project for another day!
- Rated 5 out of 5One stop shopping for all your privacy needs. Great product, great team, and prompt response to issues.. These guys keep innovating too. Can't live without masked emails now. Really grateful for this software. Think you will be as well.
- Rated 5 out of 5Is there a much easier method of making payments for this plug APP like an MONTHLY billing or it's has to be around quarterly ever 4 monthly in payment ? Also how do I update the Blur app to an newer password and login ?!?Thanks for the rating! Unfortunately, we no longer offer a monthly premium subscription plan, and currently only offer the yearly-based plans. Feel free to email us at support [at] get abine [dot] com with any additional questions or concerns that you may have. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5Blur is a very ingenious and extremely easy to use browser utility that has kept my credit card number, street address, and email address hidden from online vendors. It actually makes shopping online safer than going to the Mall. Their competent professionals provide you with a rare quality of customer support that makes you feel like a real VIP. When I needed questions answered or issues taken care of, they replied to my emails within 12 hours. All my questions were fully answered and my issues were quickly and very politely resolved.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great add-on. Ensures I always use a secure password and saves time as you don't have to think of what password to use when signing up on new websites
- Rated 5 out of 5I've used the free version for quite a while now and one of the things is I just love how you can use masked email addresses when on all these websites that ask for an email. It helps when replies come in. You can check if it comes back from where you used it.
One thing about the company, I had a small query which they advertise will be answered in 3-4 days as a free user.
They came back same day with solution. How's that for service. Couldn't ask for better!
- Rated 3 out of 5Good BUT it creates problems on some websites such as Flixster where it stops the rating stars from working correctly.Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. This is due to the tracker blocking feature of Blur. Some websites actually rely on trackers for their site to function properly (and they hide these trackers inside buttons) just like the issue that you've described here.
You can always "unblock" specific trackers in Blur to restore full functionality back to the site that you're visiting. For instructions on how to do so, please refer to our FAQs page, here: https://dnt.abine.com/#help/faq/faq-trackerOff
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us directly at support [at] get abine [dot] com. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5Easy! User Friendly! You can go back and check what masked email you used for what web site anytime - and use it again! Customer Service is responsive and quick. I have zero complaints about this product. I've been a user for about 3 years. I get far less spam. It is also helpful to see who sends how many emails (even when they've told you they won't share your info or keep emailing you.) Great tool!
- Rated 5 out of 5Excellent plug in is this for privacy
- Rated 5 out of 5This is the best service I know of. My experience with using masked cards has been wonderful. Customer support has been absolutely fantastic. I am a Premier member and whenever I have had an issue, it has been addressed promptly and professionally. I really, really like this product!
- Rated 2 out of 5Thanks for your prompt answer! Uninstalling and installing solved the problem until the next restart of Firefox. So that was a temporary fix. The Icon is back to blur_by_abine 5.31983.
Any known problems with other addons?Can you please email us at support [at] get abine [dot] com with a list of all of the additional browser extensions that you have installed on your internet browser?
- Rated 5 out of 5I use Blur for one purpose: to easily create controllable email addresses for privacy purposes. This add-on performs that function very well. Blur is much deeper than that, offering useful privacy services for those who need the functionality. Add excellent customer support, and you have a winner.
- Rated 5 out of 5Please do not post bug reports in reviews.
- Rated 5 out of 5I liked the free version of Blur after upgrading from MaskMe so much that I bought the premium version, which I rarely do. I was amazed to learn today that the premium subscription comes with a masked phone number at no extra charge. Between the masked emails that I can use to sign up and track/block sites that spam me and the password features, not to mention all of the other useful security features, I've been very happy with Blur. The super-fast and in-depth support when I had a question today seals the deal for me.
- Rated 4 out of 5Its not too bad, good to use.
- Rated 5 out of 5its awesome and i liked it very much
this give more protection to our privacy and others
- Rated 5 out of 5This has become an indispensable add-on for me, especially the email masking. I'm using the phone masking more often than I thought I would, too. It is well worth the "Premium" subscription. I just wish they'd come up with a way of masking out-going email. Support response has been quick and spot-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5Having used "Do not track me" for many years I recently upgraded to "Blur" - many more facilities quick, seamlessly and painlessly installed and operating. A great tool: very pleased with it.
But whatever you do, DO NOT FORGET the memorable phrase you are give! Guard it carefull and all will be well.
- Rated 5 out of 5I have been using Do Not Track Me for several years and I have urged my students to use it also. It does exactly what it says it will do. I then began using the free version of Blur's password management software and it was such a great service that I bought two years of the premium service version. A glitched developed and I became very frustrated BUT one of their tech support guys worked on it until it was fixed (a day or so). Outstanding. Very professional organization w/ great products and service.
- Rated 4 out of 5I don't get the "Does not work" reviews. I've used DNT & Blur for nearly 3 years. It has always done what it is supposed to do. I use Masking quite often for any Online purchases and have never had an issue. It would be cool if I could leave a couple of Masked cards open for specific vendors and just refill them as needed, but otherwise no problem. Works great on my Windows PC & Laptop, as well as my Android tablet and phone.
- Rated 2 out of 5Email forwarding has been broken for months, and they keep saying it's going to be fixed in a day or two. Sometimes it forwards, sometimes not. If you get more than one email to an address in a short time, it will ignore anything past the first one every time. Random emails here and there may or may not be forwarded, seems random from my checks. Emails are deleted in 4 hours, so if it doesn't forward, and it was something you wanted to see, and you didn't happen to check the website within 4 hours, you're screwed. Still useful for throwaway emails to register for something you'll never want to receive any email from ever again, but dangerous to use for something you'd actually want to reliably receive mails from.Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. The email forwarding has not been broken for "months", this is not true.
However, we are aware of the existing issue and we're working to resolve this as soon as possible.
Feel free to email us at support [at] get abine [dot] com with any issues that you're experiencing.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Rated 5 out of 5I've been a user of the paid version of Blur for about a year, and had used MaskMe before that. I've been very happy with the function & stability of the product, and email support has been excellent as well, on the single occasion when I needed it.
- Rated 5 out of 5I cannot comment on other peoples problems but only that my question was answered promptly and the advice given cured the problem in full,so i am happy to use this app in future.
- Rated 4 out of 5This add-on is amazing, if been using it for years now.. Unfortunately a few days ago, it stopped working. New generated email-aliases are not forwarded to my email account anymore (old aliases are still working). I am disappointed, that no info was published to notify users about the existing problems. I am using this addon also for masking my email adress when I register for shopping or booking of flights - I will be more careful with this in the future, as the confirmation email for the flight did not reach me due to the existing problems with this add-on..
Edit: After upgrading to the newest version of this addon, now everything seems to work fine again! Still - some note in the earlier version would have been usefull!
- Rated 1 out of 5Using FF 43.0.4 and Win 7 Pro. Used old version of MaskMe for some time. It worked nicely. But then I needed to change "forward to" email and could not find my PW. Tech Support said there is no PW "reset" function (?!?), so I had delete/uninstall everything and reinstall "Blur" altogether. Not so easy. I have uninstalled (removed) and reinstalled several times. Nothing happens, no sign of Blur or anything in my toolbar. Instructions on installation confirmation page have no links, instructions or help. Have written to Blur Tech Support, no response. Disappointed with Blur.Hi there, no one here would have told you that there's no password reset function, this is completely false. Can you provide me the email address for which you've contacted us?
You can email me directly at support [at] getabine [dot] com.
We're more than willing to provide any possible assistance.
If you'd like to read instructions on how to complete a Password Reset, please review our FAQs page, here: https://dnt.abine.com/#help/faq/faq-resetPassword