To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Dojo Firebug Extension 126.96.36.199-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
Firebug extension to help dojo developers.
Easy access to Dojo features: get a tree view of the dijit registry, inspect visual widgets, view and breakpoint connections and subscriptions.
Note: This addon does not work with dojo 1.8+ yet
About this Add-on
- Firefox 3.6 with Firebug 1.7.3 and Dojo Extension v1.0.x.
- Firefox 4.0 with Firebug 1.7.3 and Dojo Extension v1.0.x.
- Firefox 5.0 with Firebug 1.7.3 and Dojo Extension v1.0.x.
- Firefox 6.0 with Firebug 1.8.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
- Firefox 7.0 with Firebug 1.8.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
- Firefox 8.0 with Firebug 1.8.x / 1.9.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
- Firefox 9.0 with Firebug 1.8.x / 1.9.x and Dojo extension v1.1.x
Once there, please choose a folder according to your Firebug version.
The idea of this extension is to provide easy access to some dojo concepts. Coding and debugging time can be reduced by having features to monitor dijits, access higher-level dojo concepts and specific dojo properties (instead of just DOM properties), see the available connections and subscriptions and be able to set breakpoints on those.
With this extension you can:
- View all the widgets registered in the dijit registry (as a Tree or as a plain list).
- View their properties. For each widget you can also switch the view between "dojo specific properties" and "classic DOM properties". For example, whether the widget's startup() method was already invoked or not.
- Highlight dojo widgets in the web page (when you mouse-over them).
- View detached widgets (widgets not yet attached to page).
- View information about the dojo version, dojo-config object, url modules of the loaded page, and the total number of widgets, connections and subscriptions (these numbers are automatically refreshed in the extension UI...useful to detect leaks).
- View all available connections and subscriptions (global to the app), and also connections and subscriptions associated to a "selected" object. You can filter the connections table to find some specific ones to debug.
- Set breakpoints to connections: in the connections's event, in the target method, and in the line where the connection was created (i.e. dojo.connect).
- Set breakpoints to subscriptions: in the target method and where the subscription was created.
- Open documentation associated to a dojo object.
The extension is integrated with the Firebug inspector. You can right-click on a dijit element in the web page and it will be selected/inspected in the extension panels. You can also click the Firebug's inspect button from inside the extension panel and inspect only the dojo elements from your page.
Also, several new visual representations were added to Firebug to better identify dojo objects in Firebug panels.
The Dojo Firebug Extension started as an internal IBM initiative to help IBMers working with Dojo.
- You must have Firebug 1.7+ installed and the Firebug "Console" and "Script" panels enabled to use this extension.
Older and beta versions of Dojo Firebug Extension are available from http://getfirebug.com/releases/dojofirebugextension/ folder at getfirebug.com. Pick version number folder to match your version of Firebug.
You can also find beta versions here in the beta channel.
Please submit requests to the Firebug issues list: http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list using a [dojo] prefix in the issue title.
* the DojoInfo side panel now displays a more complete dojo-config (including the "has cache" , required modules, and loader options)
* added support for dojo 1.7 API doc and Reference Guide (doc urls are now configurable using firefox preferences)
* did an extensive refactoring of the extension code (also moved to AMD format)
* the extension works in a separate window now
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.2.0a1: