If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
If you are like me and you upgraded to 0.8 and found that distrust no longer worked , click the below listed URL after uninstalling 0.8 and install 0.7.1 and distrust will work again.... \r\nhttps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/1559\r\n
Distrust 0.8 doesnt work anymore with my firefox 188.8.131.52 in Linux-Ubuntu. Ever since the update i cant seem to auto start it hence i dont kno if it works anymore . . right now i'm using FF3 beta 5 why dont u support for FF3.. i reallly love this extention an i miss it so much :(
This has been an excellent add-on, but 0.8 on Win XP2 with FF 184.108.40.206 has stopped working completely! Please fix as soon as possible.
I really like distrust, but with the 0.8 update it will no longer work on my Vista.\r\nI\'m very disappointed because I really like this application and unfortunately, when I try to use the older version it auto updates it self.
It is a good tool...when it works. I just upgraded to v. 0.8 and it simply does not work...Click on the icon at the bottom and .. nothing. v 0.7.1 worked like a champ.
Used it for a couple of years and has always been good but version 0.8 will not work with Firefox 220.127.116.11 on Mandriva Linux. It will not delete history, cookies etc or show itself as active in the status bar. Changed back to version 0.7.1 and all is well.
Hey, there is a working version for FF3. Visit the page:
Find a link Distrust (Download here), click on it and bingo!
I'm using FF3 and it's working perfectly!
I like this a lot. It could be a 10 if two issues are solved:
1. what about the windows/tabs saved by the Session manager add-on?
-> distrusted URLs still appear in the closed windows/tabs list.
2. how to deal with distrust(ed data) after a firefox crash?
-> after a crash, distrusted URLs are automatically loaded when a session is restarted. I wish the distrust(ed) options are automatically recovered as well, to prevent these URLs to pop up in my history.
Otherwise: great tool!
I have tried all of the firefox privacy add-ons. This one is the best and here's why:
1. It works great... some of the other privacy add-ons don't cover everything, this one does...
2. It can be turned on and off while you're surfing and it only removes the trail you left while it was turned on. Instead of removing all of your history, cache, sessions and cookies it only removes what you did while this add-on is active.
3. It's very easy to turn on and off, small button in the status bar turns it on and off.
4. Temp file removal. Example: if you browse to a file, such as a video and that video launches in Media Player or whatever, when you end your Distrust session it will show you a list of all the temp files created during your session and you can just click one button to remove them all.
5. Removes flash shared objects. These may be called "Flash cookies" and most people don't even know about them. The thing about these is that they get stored outside of your browser's cookie folder so your browser doesn't remove them when you clear your private data through the browser, but this add-on does.
For FF3 download version 0.8.1 from the developer's website: http://www.gness.com/distrust/download/distrust-0.8.1.xpi
Simple, easy to use, and effective - a lot better solution to Stealther.
I use it a lot. Thanks!
Distrust allows you to temporarily disable all the history Firefox keeps of your browsing.
Distrust is the first plugin you should install (okay, the second after AdBlock Plus)! Other reviews say Distrust is not necessary because of Firefox's built in "Clear Private Data" feature, but I totally disagree! I leave distrust off most of the time so I still have browsing history, but turn it on when I'm visiting sites that I don't want my kids (and wife!) to see in the history!
If you want no history of anything, then use what's built in to Firefox. If you just want to erase parts of your history, use Distrust!
I installed this extension, all full of expectations. I found that it was too limiting, and that it could not really be turned off when this was necessary.
Then it would not uninstall cleanly!
So - I am now on my brand new Firefox user instance - this extension can be real trouble!
This is a great extension that does what it says, but it's not really needed. Pressing "Ctrl+Shift+Del" does the same thing without an extension. (After configuring your private data setting in Firefox)
Cleans browsing traces very well.
The only thing it left after cleaning was navigation buttons history: if you open Distrust session, surf around, close Distrust session but keep the same tab open then pressing Back button may reveal pages you've been at.
I have other extensions that I use more often, or that are more fun, but Distrust is the most important. Very easy to use.
Works perfectly !!
Thanks for this really great extension.
even alerts to downloads and offers deletion.