Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
by DonChino, 3 months ago
Rated 1 out of 5
Great attempt; since other AutoPlay Blockers have stopped working, but unfortunately this does not work correctly on YouTube with Firefox. If you are using the latest version of Firefox and open ANY YouTube video you will notice that the RED BOX appears around the top Nav Manu with the Search box. It appears to detect that as a video, so possible that it is the tag markup that is mucking up this add-on. Unuseable for me, so ONE STAR until fixed and I come back and test. I like this one though; because it appears to block even PRE-LOADING or CACHING of the video, so it stops it DEAD and BLOCKS which is nice on Mashable. Fix YouTube and you get FIVE STARS and will quickly become a WINNER...
- by MisfortuneCookie, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5A simple, useful extension that seems to work for blocking annoying autoplay videos, but whitelist/blacklisting is a missing, almost essential feature.
- by JHHL, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5This is the third one I've tried, and the first one that will actually block the new autoplay on a YouTube channel home page. It's not perfect (the red frame ends up above the channel home page autoplay video, instead of around it), but at least it works.
(Were these YouTube people born in a barn? What were they thinking? Finding ways to bypass browser settings and force autoplay? Don't they have better things to do? Don't they have the slightest understanding of netiquette?)
- by Firefox user 15203055, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It works, and I'll give it that. However, if we could whitelist certain websites and they got rid of the jarring red boarder, it would be much, much better.
- by Firefox user 15197543, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Works where other addons don't. However this needs to add exception websites like YouTube etc where we do expect videos to autoplay. It would also help to have an address bar icon to quickly disable it if we need to.
- by Firefox user 15152028, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This works 100% of the time. Unfortunately some sites it works too well. There are some video sites, like Netflix and Amazon, where I wish I could white list those sites to they will operate normally. DAP messes up NF and AP and to get them to work you have to disable the extension.
- by ykzarb, a year agoRated 1 out of 5This worked perfectly initially for months. No video played within the red outline. I'm sorry to say, however, that recently videos have been playing immediately EVEN THOUGH they are within a red outline. I'm very disappointed as it previously worked well.
- by Firefox user 12475531, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Very effective in blocking auto play in audios and videos. The video will play only if you click the "click to play" option. So far so good. Thanks.
- by Firefox user 14966070, a year agoRated 4 out of 5works but yahoo has been wising up.now theres times when u will click one vid to play and another square remains in the same area..and if u click that square to make it go away another vid will start playing..
this does its job of not having things not play automatically but could use a lil adapting to the new annoying things that are coming our way
- by Firefox user 13516608, a year agoRated 2 out of 5THIS IS ALMOST AS OBNOXIOUS AS VIDEOS THAT AUTO PLAY. SURROUNDS THE VIDEO WITH A BIG RED BOX WITH 'CLICK TO PLAY" EMBLAZONED ACROSS THE TOP. NOT VERY SUBTLE. WILL MORE THAN LIKELY REMOVE AND CONTINUE THE SEARCH.