- by Michael, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Just giving a pink border on the video window doesn't mean its blocking it. The auto load or autoplay video already loads few seconds on the page. The pink border is annoying. This should have blocked all flash and autoplay auto load videos like image blocker blocks images. It does not work ; the video auto loads.
- by fox4ever, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5EDIT: Can you add a configuration to toggle off the click to play and play icon? It obstructs the view on small thumbnails and videos.
As opposed to other similar addons, yours actually show a "preview" image. Which I love. It also solved Firefox abnormal high CPU usage issues I'm having on some sites. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because there is no toggle button on the toolbar.
- by Wildrat, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5tried to use on Tubi, it breaks Tubi. It puts a red block around the video, says click to play and does nothing. I suspect this option is being used in the config file: media.autoplay.blocking_policy (2) which prevents Tubi from functioning.
- by Firefox user 11741070, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5This really works - always stops the video running - Great.
Little whinge - The red box usually doesn't line up with the video so it can get in the way of other interaction with the page - I'd probably try to fix it if I knew a bit more, but I'd need some guidance
- by JHHL, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This is the third one I've tried, and the first one that will actually block the new autoplay on a YouTube channel home page. It's not perfect (the red frame ends up above the channel home page autoplay video, instead of around it), but at least it works.
(Were these YouTube people born in a barn? What were they thinking? Finding ways to bypass browser settings and force autoplay? Don't they have better things to do? Don't they have the slightest understanding of netiquette?)