- Rated 5 out of 5by Adarsh Rao, 6 years agoThe ratio of time-saved (soooo much) to lines of code (3) is through the roof on this extension. After using it for ~4-5 months, was inspired to create my own extension that removes even more clutter from the Facebook/Twitter homepage. Cheers!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13541955, 6 years agoVery simple, does exactly what it says. Doesn't even need a firefox restart.
Also blocking the newsfeed seems quite effective against getting stuck on facebook.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13558593, 6 years agoOpen source would be nice
An useful feature could be to put a personnalized message instead of the newsfeed (as in the chrome version of the app)
Thanks for sharing
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13198627, 6 years agoFixes most everything wrong with Facebook with one simple change.
I wish it was open source, because I don't like installing software from strangers.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13494752, 6 years ago_What I love: _
This extension does exactly what it says. It removes the news feed, but leaves me with full access to my notifications in the top right corner, and my list of forums/groups that I try to follow in the left sidebar. This way I don't get distracted by all kinds of status updates and stuff in the news feed, while I get to use FB for what I actually need it for. If you're familiar with "News Feed Eradicator" in Chrome, this extension seems to do the exact same thing, but without the profound and non-contextualized, thought provoking quotes :p
Also: With the last update (1.1) the bug where the news feed was visible for a second or two when you first entered the page has been removed! Brilliant! :)
_One thing that I don't like:_
There are some situations where the extension doesn't work. When I go to facebook.com, there's no news feed, but when I go to the FB front page by clicking the FB-logo in the top left corner (i.e. through https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo), I get the news feed. Still - this is a very much needed extension, so I'm giving a full star review!
_What I fear:_
Spyware. But as far as I can see, this seems legit - although I'm not qualified to stand for that statement.