Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13541955, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very simple, does exactly what it says. Doesn't even need a firefox restart.
Also blocking the newsfeed seems quite effective against getting stuck on facebook.
- by Firefox user 13558593, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Open source would be nice
An useful feature could be to put a personnalized message instead of the newsfeed (as in the chrome version of the app)
Thanks for sharing
- by Firefox user 13198627, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Fixes most everything wrong with Facebook with one simple change.
I wish it was open source, because I don't like installing software from strangers.
- by Firefox user 13494752, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5_What I love: _
This extension does exactly what it says. It removes the news feed, but leaves me with full access to my notifications in the top right corner, and my list of forums/groups that I try to follow in the left sidebar. This way I don't get distracted by all kinds of status updates and stuff in the news feed, while I get to use FB for what I actually need it for. If you're familiar with "News Feed Eradicator" in Chrome, this extension seems to do the exact same thing, but without the profound and non-contextualized, thought provoking quotes :p
Also: With the last update (1.1) the bug where the news feed was visible for a second or two when you first entered the page has been removed! Brilliant! :)
_One thing that I don't like:_
There are some situations where the extension doesn't work. When I go to facebook.com, there's no news feed, but when I go to the FB front page by clicking the FB-logo in the top left corner (i.e. through https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo), I get the news feed. Still - this is a very much needed extension, so I'm giving a full star review!
_What I fear:_
Spyware. But as far as I can see, this seems legit - although I'm not qualified to stand for that statement.
- by Firefox user 13507932, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Uses a simple CSS rule to hide the news feed. Still loads the feed (and you may see the feed for a split second) so can't give 5 stars but definitely does not (and cannot possibly) steal your data
- by Firefox user 12898746, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very helpful. Got here reading "How To Stop Being Addicted To Facebook" https://betterhumans.coach.me/how-to-stop-being-addicted-to-facebook-cb4c1138d63
- by GRANITO, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It's a fantastic idea but it only works half of the time. Also, if all it does is set the feed element to zero I don't see why it needs access to my facebook data. You're probably better off using leechblock.
- by Firefox user 13343715, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5What this add-on technically does: it sets the size of the news feed element to zero. Nothing else. So FB frontpage still loads the feed and I can see it for about 1 second, then the add-on starts to kick in.
The add-on is technically very simple and I see no sign of spyware in the source code, contrary to what some reviewers have feared.