- by Harryi3t, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have been using Diigo for a long time. This has been very useful. I don't have to re read the document again when I come back to it.
Please add a menu option to open the otherwise impossible (using mouse) "Annotation Toolbar"
For a long time my workaround was to do a dummy highlight, that would trigger the toolbar to show up and then I would delete the dummy highlight.
Now I know there is a keyboard shortcut for it "ctrl+alt+a" but for a new user or even an old user who has forgotten it, this becomes so much difficult. Now I have also learnt that in the options settings, one can set it to open the toolbar by default and I think this setting should be enabled by default.
Anyway adding this option to the toolbar should only help and not cause any issue.
- by Naved, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic app well worth paying for. The extension works flawlessly and greatly enhances my experience on the internet.
As a side note: It would be very convenient to have a quicker way to turn off seamless annotation pop-up -- going to settings is a bit cumbersome to turn it off for the few websites where it is not necessary at all. (or, maybe there could be a blacklist of websites where it is always disabled?)
- by Firefox user 13456904, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've been using this extension for years. But I had to disable it because is breaking something within the browser for visual formating to XML files.
When diigo extension is disabled, everything works fine. I work a lot with XML files. So if I have to choose (as I did) I go with natively formated XML.
Hope you can fix this.
- by Firefox user 13449513, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent for annotating the web and even just for bookmarking.
I much prefer this to "pocket" thanks to it's "tag sifting" functionality and now the Firefox add-on is as nice as the Chrome one... it's perfect!
- by Fabien , 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Could you please clarify why do you need to access googleapi data , account.google data and clipboard data?
As specified by an other comment i'm worried about my privacy and I could'nt find any decent technical explications about why do you need those new permissions..
I saw that you're now able to read pdf files from Google Drive so I understanf it's linked but what do you have access exactly? Is it possible to deactivate this option?
I'm not upgrading until I do not have clear and sound answers.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoSorry for the late reply. Those permissions are needed to use some features: access and open PDF from Google Drive, sign in via Google, copy selected text ( in text view, in PDF, in annotations list view).
- by Firefox user 13420657, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It has been very useful and easy to use. But recently the new version of this add-on has become too intrusive and suspicious for my liking. It asks for 3 new permission: 1 .Access my google api data, 2. Access my google account data, and 3. Change my clipboard content. So I had to disable that update, and keep the old version. When this version expires, I will just completely remove the add-on.
- by Firefox user 13394531, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5This update has made Diigo all but useless to me. The only reason I'm keeping it is because the "email link" function, while slower now than it was before the update, is still faster than any other I can find. As soon as I find a faster one I'm out of here.
- by WebDevTony, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5YES, the missing toolbar does suck! But I can get over that. PLEASE, JUST ADD THE STICKY NOTES TO THE NEW DIIGO BUTTON!
The sticky notes are an extremely useful tool that I use often to cache arbitrary data on a webpage. I'd say it deserves to be in the main menu, more than the "Annotate PDF" or screenshots or whatever...
Thanks though, great tool
- by Firefox user 6660448, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5the tool bar is the only thing that l liked about diigo - now i have find another extension to use...could not leave well enough alone..totally changed the whole program....
- by Firefox user 13361564, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I liked the highlight function but I don't used daily...
Bring back the toolbar, I really miss it
The new "tool" is very slow, and I have to click too many times to capture pages.
Hopefully you will bring it back soon!