- Rated 2 out of 5by Spiritwarrior, 2 months agoThe inability to use the instant pop up window on selected text (that disappears when deselecting text) rather than clicking an icon and getting a popup window is the main reason I don't use Firefox for the majority of my internet use. I want to be able to click and go.
- Rated 3 out of 5by ooofest, 2 years agoGood:
Getting translated results in a popup window after clicking a button near selected text is a good UI style.
It doesnt save window sizes or adapt to the translated text size.
It doesn't have an option to save the source language (such as Detect), which means more clicks to get a proper translation.
In Private Firefox windows it uses any Google signin session from a non-Private window that you may have open - so, it violates the very reason for having a Private window.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17277496, 2 years agoPlease someone answer me, how it possible to use like the screenshots that used by developer of this extension; can sb teach me to use it like that? (( I don't want to translate on a new tab and just want a pupop like chorome extension))
- Rated 5 out of 5by KBC, 2 years agoWas surprised that only 10K users are availing the benefit of this add-on.
There seem to be 2 options to translate text.
(a): click on the icon on the right side of the tool bar. This translates the whole page (simply converts all foreign text to native text without leaving the page) and the google translate option box appears on the top. From this option box one can simply go back to the 'original' text without leaving the page.
(b) : Select text and click on the popup small icon over the text to see the translation in a popup window. One can hear the pronunciation if needed. Very good extension
- Rated 4 out of 5by atiny, 2 years agoIt's a functional alternative to "To Google Translate" extension, would look nicer if it was a pop up blurb instead of the entire Google translate page in minimized screen.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14572796, 2 years agoIt would be nice to be able to disable this add-on on some sites. For example, on Duolingo I find the icon that covers the button very disturbing and I often accidentally click the wrong thing.