by Firefox user 13448238, a year ago
Rated 3 out of 5
Unfortunately in the last update, it opens Google translate in a new tab on my both computers instead of popping a new window. Although it works fine in Chrome.
- by KBC, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Was surprised that only 10K users are availing the benefit of this add-on.
There seem to be 2 options to translate text.
(a): click on the icon on the right side of the tool bar. This translates the whole page (simply converts all foreign text to native text without leaving the page) and the google translate option box appears on the top. From this option box one can simply go back to the 'original' text without leaving the page.
(b) : Select text and click on the popup small icon over the text to see the translation in a popup window. One can hear the pronunciation if needed. Very good extension
- by atiny, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's a functional alternative to "To Google Translate" extension, would look nicer if it was a pop up blurb instead of the entire Google translate page in minimized screen.
- by Firefox user 14572796, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5It would be nice to be able to disable this add-on on some sites. For example, on Duolingo I find the icon that covers the button very disturbing and I often accidentally click the wrong thing.
- by spamz, a year agoRated 4 out of 5pretty nifty.... its simple, easy on the eyes, and unobtrusive, but its missing one important setting for me. it needs a "pinned" option. some way to keep it always on top as im navigating a web page.
- by Firefox user 14455192, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Love it, though lately been aggravated about one issue.
What would cause the popup window to always open on my right-side monitor? I always open Firefox on my left-side monitor, but this addon now opens always on the right-side monitor, even if I drag or move it to the left side, the next time it opens, it will open in the center on the right-side monitor. It's so annoying, it's like it hardcoded to only open on my right-side monitor or whatever monitor is considered the "main monitor" more than likely, which still sucks!
Firefox 64bit, latest version on Windows 7