Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- German localization for the add-on
- Support for sidebar results
- Added button to reset settings to defaults
- Using Open Sans font to ensure the options panel takes the same size on all systems.
- Showing a warning for certain modifier issues.
- Firefox would not update the add-ons translation files on add-on update.
- Mac OS had problems displaying the micro panel.
- Translating active elements like links did not prevent the link from being clicked.
- Some style issues have been fixed.
- Rocker gestures did not respect right-click setting
- Quick context menu did not use settings correctly.
- Clickhandling on Micropanel results is now configurable
- Context menu now has the option to show results in Micropanel.
- Private windows are now supported.
- Full Details & Pocket Versions can now be displayed as windows again.
- Support for Fire-Gestures add-on had to be dropped.
- Rocker gestures are now supported out of the box.
- There's an option to use https for secure requests (enabled by default)
- Quotes around words will be ignored
- Apostrophes (single quote) mark a word boundary, so if you want a translation for it's, you'll need to select it manually before starting the translation.
- Context menu translation now detects words under the cursor without the need for a selection.
See: How-To set up Fire-Gestures with the Dict.cc Translation add-on
* Fix for Options dialog not saving settings on linux/mac:
Those platforms use browser.preferences.instantApply, which means they don't have an accept button to store the settings.
Your settings will be lost as I had to change the preferences namespace to get the full review.
Sorry about that.
- A more unique js namespace, so this Add-on can get a full review.
- Enhanced quick translation layer style to be more independent from the website it's displayed on.
- Fix for problem with html unicode entities like ö (thx to MikeH for the note)
Improved word start/end detection. Works with unicode now.
Separation of code, view and translation files.
Lots of more options.
Quick translation improved using an in-page translation layer.
Multiple choices for quick translation keys.
More comfortable way to get all available languages from dict.cc and choose which you'd like to use.
Check out the new screen shots.