Rated 3.4 out of 5
3.4 Stars out of 5
- by Alexander Nolting, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5This addon has not any update since one year while diaspora and mozilla browsers got massives updates to it internal interfaces. Therefore the addon does not take over anymore the webpage your are reading as content of your post and you have prepare your post the same way as you would do within your pod. Having it only as an inline editor makes it nearly useless.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoHi Alexander,
you are right, I no longer have the time to improve this addon and I neglected it a little. But I have always tried to fix all the problems that have been reported to me, here or on github. I don't understand what you mean with "the addon does not take over the webpage your are reading". The addon still works good, the only problem I encountered is a little malfunction of the markdown buttons. I fixed it and tested the addon on diaspora v0.7.11.0 with Firefox 67.0.1. I made a video where you can view that it works as expected:
Can you explain better what your problem is?
- by Alexander, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Would be even more useful if it supported multiple accounts with the ability to quickly select them on posting! Should be doable since the addon uses separate authentication.
That would make it indispensable tool!
Otherwise pretty nice addon to have.
- by Firefox user 13916991, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Using with Firefox 59.0.2 and pod.geraspora.de, I allways get an error message that a CSRF-Token ist wrong or missing. Please fix it.
- by HiddenPalm, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 51. When ever my wallpaper transitions to the next, the easy share window disappears and I have to start over with all the nerd coding stuff.
2. It needs an easy mode, like a default sharing mode like every other social media website has.
3. I have to copy and paste the web address after I click on the "easy"share icon, and then start all over again.
4. There is no right click menu option.
5. Its called "easyshare" but it's the most non-easy sharing module I had ever seen. What's up with that?
6. It's needs some TLC.
7. Youre a cool dude for doing this but please hook it up, youre like killing Diaspora.
Anyone else reading this, who is looking for an "easy" way to share on Diaspora use "Share Backported". It's truly user-friendly.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoAs I wrote in the comment above the addon has been completely rewritten. You can try it again and let me know what you think about it. I hope all the problems you've encountered are solved.
The Easyshare window is a popup associated with the browser action button. It is a Firefox webextension API. I cannot reproduce the 'wallpaper transition' but most probably it catches with ALL browser action popup.
The context menu is only displayed when you click on images, text selection or page tab.
You can read some tips on how to use the addon here: http://arlogn.github.io/easyshare/
- by yuwash, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works great for sharing images and videos. It would be nice if sharing selected texts (like post2friendica extension) or the link of the current site would be possible.
EDIT: Thanks for implementing both of the suggestions and more so quickly! I've now changed my rating for the perfect addon accordingly!
- by Jason Robinson, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice usage of the bookmarklet. Visually looks good also.
The only thing I don't like is the "via easyshare" text appended to all posts. I don't personally want advertisements to my posts. Could it be removed or put in to settings so users can remove it if they want?