- by Firefox user 14706772, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Long time waiting for this. Since Bookmark Here2 add-on. Thank you.
I am leaving 5 star rating, hoping the add-on will improve over time, but there are some drawbacks:
(I have the "Bookmark tab here" add-on):
- Now when I choose the place in my bookmarks and "bookmark tab here" - the bookmark is not in selected folder - it goes to "Other bookmarks". No matter what folder I choose and try to add bookmark there - all of them finish unsorted in "other".
- When I click on a tab and physically try to put in in any of my bookmark folders - the bookmark is added to the folder I last time used by this add-on.
Looking forward to improvements.
Thanks again for a (potentially) wonderful add-on
- by Harry038493, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great Addon. But as already mentioned by other users: Please let Drag n Drop work as expected, i.e. not moving bookmarks to the default bookmark folder but to the destination folder the selected bookmarks are dropped to.
- by Anisotropy, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5I can't create Bookmarks from URL entry field by dragging and dropping lint to a bookmarks panel. The bookmarks instead are put to the end of bookmarks panel or to the end of folder. This problem is over a year old
- by _npfox, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5This is the sort of clever UI design that should be in firefox already. Really improves a workflow involving bookmarking.
I used to have the problem that it would place a bookmark in the default folder when using another bookmarking extension (like QuickBookmarkHere), but since this extension can now bookmark to another folder through searching or right-clicking in a folder, it replaced the functionality of two of my other bookmarking extensions, and the problem therefore solved itself.
I read in the reviews that dragging a tab to bookmarks will still save it to the default folder, but I don't use that anyway.
So, in conclusion: great work, thanks a lot!
EDIT: I noticed the addon has been saving my bookmarks to the default folder when I used the "bookmark to" feature. So I now have dozens of bookmarks that were wrongly filed. This isn't such a problem by itself, but it's perhaps more problematic to notice that the addon just can't be completely counted on.