by DGthe3, 10 months ago
Rated 4 out of 5
It was great to have, but at some point in the last 10 days or so it no longer works like its supposed to. On the flip side, near as I can tell Firefox now natively does everything I needed this add-on for in the first place.
- by Firefox user 14706772, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Long time waiting for this. Since Bookmark Here2 add-on. Thank you.
I am leaving 5 star rating, hoping the add-on will improve over time, but there are some drawbacks:
(I have the "Bookmark tab here" add-on):
- Now when I choose the place in my bookmarks and "bookmark tab here" - the bookmark is not in selected folder - it goes to "Other bookmarks". No matter what folder I choose and try to add bookmark there - all of them finish unsorted in "other".
- When I click on a tab and physically try to put in in any of my bookmark folders - the bookmark is added to the folder I last time used by this add-on.
Looking forward to improvements.
Thanks again for a (potentially) wonderful add-on
- by Harry038493, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Great Addon. But as already mentioned by other users: Please let Drag n Drop work as expected, i.e. not moving bookmarks to the default bookmark folder but to the destination folder the selected bookmarks are dropped to.
- by Anisotropy, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5I can't create Bookmarks from URL entry field by dragging and dropping lint to a bookmarks panel. The bookmarks instead are put to the end of bookmarks panel or to the end of folder. This problem is over a year old
- by _npfox, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5This is the sort of clever UI design that should be in firefox already. Really improves a workflow involving bookmarking.
I used to have the problem that it would place a bookmark in the default folder when using another bookmarking extension (like QuickBookmarkHere), but since this extension can now bookmark to another folder through searching or right-clicking in a folder, it replaced the functionality of two of my other bookmarking extensions, and the problem therefore solved itself.
I read in the reviews that dragging a tab to bookmarks will still save it to the default folder, but I don't use that anyway.
So, in conclusion: great work, thanks a lot!
EDIT: I noticed the addon has been saving my bookmarks to the default folder when I used the "bookmark to" feature. So I now have dozens of bookmarks that were wrongly filed. This isn't such a problem by itself, but it's perhaps more problematic to notice that the addon just can't be completely counted on.
- by Firefox user 16773157, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5Plugin doesn't work well with restoring bookmark backups or importing bookmarks from a file. Every single of my 2000+ bookmarks now sits in a single folder, which I have set as default.
It seems that there are also issues with syncing too. So while I have fixed this issue on one computer manually (partially by disabling the plugin and restoring an old backup). Yet after syncing bookmarks to my second computer, I now have the same problem on my second computer! Although I have properly synced the "fixed" set of bookmarks from the first computer. Yet somehow this plugin thinks that all of my "fixed" bookmarks are "new" and thus places them in the same single default directory.
As per description of this plugin, it should not interfere with sync. But it seems it does.