- by Korwin, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Ставилось для чтения переводов вебстраниц на translate.google.com. Панель переводчика конвертирует, но фрейм с текстом перевода остается в оригинальных цветах. Также, в отличие от штатного Firefox Reader View не позволяет задавать гарнитуру, кегль, межстрочный интервал и кернинг. Наконец, сепию считаю необходимым заменить или дополнить красным фильтром, для чтения перед сном. Firefox 66.0a1 x64, Windows 10.
- by Firefox user 14423877, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Parfois, il peut être utile de désactiver temporairement le mode sombre pour pouvoir lire correctement un texte à l'écran, ou scanner un code QR par exemple. Dans ces cas, j'ai souvent constaté que quand je clique sur le bouton de l'extension pour ouvrir le menu, cette dernière plante / met beaucoup trop de temps à charger. Il est ainsi très pénible voire impossible de changer rapidement du thème sombre au thème normal.
- by Firefox user 12543506, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I really like this addon except it was really slowing down my browser so I had to disable it. I hope that future updates will improve performance. If it didn't slow down performance, it would be 5 stars. I'll stick to Stylish for now for dark mode.
- by secw, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It looks great, the color are nicer compared to other night mode add on! But it affects load times on some site. It could be the problem with my pc but I don't find the same problem with dark read on chrome.
- by Firefox user 14315996, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is hands down the best looking dark theme extension for Fire Fox that I have tried. Out of all the other ones I have used, this one manages to do the best when it comes to picking the right color schemes for websites. Alexander really has a knack for colors!
Also I have noticed Dark Reader is not perfect at reskinning web sites. I have had it glitch some sites out and cause them to look really weird or unusable. These are of course edge cases, but the longer you use the extension, the more you start to notice it.
I have tried Dark Reader on numerous computers, and unfortunately all of them end up having the same problems. So, alas, I will probably not be having the cool little Vader with glasses gracing the upper right hand corner of many of my browser tabs for a while. If these performance problems get fixed, I definitely will increase my rating.
None the less, this probably is the best dark mode extension there is right now. I really hope that the performance problems can be fixed. I have heard they are not as bad on Chrome, but if you are like me, that's not really something to consider.
- by Firefox user 14269198, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It surely has pretty design and smoothly darkens most of common sites BUT it slows down page loading for even MINUTES. Firefox 61.0, wire connection, works with speed-of-light without add-on.
- by Desimor, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The only reason I didn't switch to Quantum like everyone else was because I couldn't find a decent alternative to Dark Reader. Now it's finally on Firefox, but unfortunately, I still can't make the switch because Dynamic Mode slows loading pages, hangs when scrolling sites, and even hangs the entire program sometimes. Dynamic mode was the best thing that happened to Dark Reader. Brilliant feature. As soon as Dynamic Mode performance issues are fixed, then this will get 5 stars. I'll try to see if I can fix the issue myself, but so far no luck. Chrome will still be my default.