- by DON, 19 days agoRated 3 out of 5Sadly after the recent Firefox update not that effective on youtube - there's a lot of white background around comments, list of recommended videos or even on the main page.
- by mike phreak, a year agoRated 3 out of 5tengo un problema con esta extensión, es que cuando cuando desplego una pestaña nueva para descargar archivos de google drive, la extension tiene conflictos con la pagina, asi que la pag, no me muestra nada y se torna completamente oscura.
- by RoninOfstag, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Decent, so far. TYSM for having this available!
Unfortunately it's a bit glitchy on Facebook IM, though (but so far perfectly OK on FB as a whole, Dark Mode or not). If you have Facebook's internally-built Dark Mode on as well as this extension on, the only way you can BARELY read your IM text is if you change the "theme" colour to a gradient (even then it is pretty hard to read).
Otherwise if your IM "theme" is anything else BESIDES a gradient, your background goes transparent and you can hardly read a thing that is written or outputted in the output window via the IM"s text field input, because all of the other text "underneath" shows plain through. So everything you type and see outputted, gets all garbled up in your output window, as well as your input text field.
Otherwise, looks great globally on other sites...like Google.ca (etc.), for now. Happy to keep you posted if any other glitches turn up. Thank you SO MUCH FOR HAVING THIS, btw! My existing on and off migraines will GRACIOUSLY appreciate this! <3 ,\m/
Looking forward to seeing the FB IM glitches fixed, soon.
Cheers and all of the best to everyone in the developing world out there!
Hope to be able to join you all some day, once I'm done with or able to take a significant break, from sewing masks.
- by crazikyle, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It's nice, I like the options we have and the ability to create custom themes, but I don't like the fact that it is automatically applied to every website. I wish there was an option for opt-in, you could enter the few sites you actually want to have dark mode on.
- by Remy.H, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This addon is great and would deserve 5 stars. But unfortunately it still needs tuning and improvement. The addon is not working correctly on many sites with videos and pictures causing the media (mostly video) box to just show as a black box. This happen almost on every site (for example cnn). So I had to exclude it for all these sites.
- by Alexander B., 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Well, the extension does an excellent job "darkenizing" most of the sites without losing readability.
But it does the reverse if applied to already dark-themed sites (either natively or via a Stylus theme). Also, sometimes text becomes unreadable and/or images invisible after applying dark mode. Manually whitelisting all such sites is cumbersome.
To deal with these issues, I would prefer any of the following mechanisms in this extension (or even better, all of them being configurable):
(a) have different mode for each tab;
(b) save last used mode for each site and apply it when opening it next time;
(c) use a list of sites to apply dark mode to (rather than not to apply it).
- by Firefox user 14547400, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It does what it says, but unfortunately it was causing all sorts of breakage on sites I use. Tons of SecurityError: The operation is insecure. and other issues showing in the console.
- by Firefox user 14234058, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The extension is super great to have at night but has some flaws. It doesn't work on all websites, and sometimes it makes some things harder to look at when dark mode is on.