- by Rain Blackwolf, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like being able to choose my own text and link colors a lot, in fact the only way to make this better, that I can think of, would be to set a custom background.
- by Dopes Malones, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This works pretty well, though I've barely tested it out. I did have to disable it on google.inbox.com, as it broke the page a little bit, or made certain things invisible.
- by DBpvr, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great add-on unless you are forced to use windows xp and Firefox ESR 52.6
I know you don't support it anymore but version prior 0.60 sometimes doesn't load.
Its too bad that the web extension wouldn't detect if the FF version being run is restricted or not and allow restrictions to be ignored if version of FF is not 57 or above :) even a manual setting would be great :)
Developer responseposted 4 years ago> Its too bad that the web extension wouldn't detect if the FF version being run is restricted or not
Extension does not restrict anything by itself and can't ignore restriction. It just tries to do something, if it can't, it complains.
Restrictions are applied to all WebExtensions no matter which Firefox version you use (however they may vary slightly). For Firefox 52 you can try to use version 0.5.14 or 0.5.13.
- by Firefox user 13794775, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Whenever I open a new page, there is a flash on the original white page before displaying the dark page. Thank you for finding a solution for this.
- by Firefox user 13094095, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Is any solution to change the background color of about:newtab?
It's totally not good when you switch a dark tab to a white tab, really bad for eyes.
- by Idyoj, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension, haven't really had any problems with it. Some websites or website contents are overdrawn by the background of the extension so I wish there was a feature like with ublock origin to 'unblock' certain elements from a webpage.
For example videos on reddit that are hosted on the v.reddit server are always overdrawn. Not the case with other picture content. Not a big deal tho.
That's my only grip other than that it's an eyecare saver <3 makes things much more comfortable to look at. Especially longer texts screaming at you from a white background.
- by Rohit Kakar, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great Extension for websites in which the contrast settings are bad. I have been using Hi-Contrast with Chrome because I did not know about this extension. This needs much more publicity than what it is getting. I use it on sites to be able to see the lightly shaded checkboxes etc.
I would request the developer to add a "high contrast" choice which would make this absolutely wonderful
Developer responseposted 4 years ago> I would request the developer to add a "high contrast" choice which would make this absolutely wonderful
What do you mean? Please, use email or bugtracker for such kind of requests.
- by Firefox user 12955352, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Pre firefox 57 version was better.
- no more flashes (somehow set the base color to a dark tone?)
- also style built-in pages (luckily still can be done manually via https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1177844)