- Rated 4 out of 5by Rain Blackwolf, 5 years agoI like being able to choose my own text and link colors a lot, in fact the only way to make this better, that I can think of, would be to set a custom background.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Dopes Malones, 5 years agoThis works pretty well, though I've barely tested it out. I did have to disable it on google.inbox.com, as it broke the page a little bit, or made certain things invisible.
- Rated 4 out of 5by DBpvr, 6 years agoGreat add-on unless you are forced to use windows xp and Firefox ESR 52.6
I know you don't support it anymore but version prior 0.60 sometimes doesn't load.
Its too bad that the web extension wouldn't detect if the FF version being run is restricted or not and allow restrictions to be ignored if version of FF is not 57 or above :) even a manual setting would be great :)
Developer responseposted 6 years ago> Its too bad that the web extension wouldn't detect if the FF version being run is restricted or not
Extension does not restrict anything by itself and can't ignore restriction. It just tries to do something, if it can't, it complains.
Restrictions are applied to all WebExtensions no matter which Firefox version you use (however they may vary slightly). For Firefox 52 you can try to use version 0.5.14 or 0.5.13.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13794775, 6 years agoWhenever I open a new page, there is a flash on the original white page before displaying the dark page. Thank you for finding a solution for this.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13094095, 6 years agoIs any solution to change the background color of about:newtab?
It's totally not good when you switch a dark tab to a white tab, really bad for eyes.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Idyoj, 6 years agoGreat extension, haven't really had any problems with it. Some websites or website contents are overdrawn by the background of the extension so I wish there was a feature like with ublock origin to 'unblock' certain elements from a webpage.
For example videos on reddit that are hosted on the v.reddit server are always overdrawn. Not the case with other picture content. Not a big deal tho.
That's my only grip other than that it's an eyecare saver <3 makes things much more comfortable to look at. Especially longer texts screaming at you from a white background.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Rohit Kakar, 6 years agoGreat Extension for websites in which the contrast settings are bad. I have been using Hi-Contrast with Chrome because I did not know about this extension. This needs much more publicity than what it is getting. I use it on sites to be able to see the lightly shaded checkboxes etc.
I would request the developer to add a "high contrast" choice which would make this absolutely wonderful
Developer responseposted 6 years ago> I would request the developer to add a "high contrast" choice which would make this absolutely wonderful
What do you mean? Please, use email or bugtracker for such kind of requests.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12955352, 6 years agoPre firefox 57 version was better.
- no more flashes (somehow set the base color to a dark tone?)
- also style built-in pages (luckily still can be done manually via https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1177844)