- Rated 3 out of 5by Reff, 3 years agothe addon made EVERY website to become dark unless specifically disabled. theres no option for the opposite. this makes it very irritating when you open a new site and its all messed up and i have to manually disable the addon. even though i uses this addon just for ONE site.
- Rated 3 out of 5by aplatypus, 3 years agoI feel this is a good solution for a challenging problem. Unfortunately the colour balance for several key sites are going to require more tweak-time than I have right now.
For example, folks with better eye-sight than I, may not notice that "dark mode" usually needs the font size bumped on point. There was subtle structural stuff missing on gmail and facebook just due to colour choices, etc. 'General composition and layout' rules cast white space in the role of "framing". When that is removed, something extra is needed to maintain the relationships and flow hints from a UX perspective.
The thing that really decided it for me as shadow text is not at all handled well. Lots of stuff was so fuzzed that I couldn't read it. As I say, put aside time to TWEAK your favourite sites.
I love the plugin. At this time, I can't really realise the benefits.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13525496, 4 years agoI would appreciate a one click on-off approach over the prevailing interface.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14324997, 4 years agoMakes pages take too long to load and looks worse than other addons
- Rated 3 out of 5by Mydragonsfly, 5 years agoI'll keep it to three stars for now. The blacks are actually black and not a dark grey like other similar extensions I've used. The only thing here is that I have to get into the extensions options menu and enable / disable it from that menu.
The only way I'd give this five stars is if it was like a switch that could be enabled right from the toolbar. "Dark Mode (WebExtension)" by Bernard pulled this off to a T, but I'm not exactly a fan of the color scheme although I'll stick with it simply because it's one less step I have to make, and believe me, I click that button a lot.
I'll keep an eye on this one though.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoYou can keep an eye on this issue https://github.com/m-khvoinitsky/dark-background-light-text-extension/issues/66
By the way, hotkeys will be supported in the next version.