- by Cyberknight, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Very awkward to use. It can't be activated for the current Page/site, but, instead, its address must be manually added to the list of the desired agent string, what is possibly the worst way to implement it (what if a site matches more than one list, the first string is selected or does it randomise amongst all matches?) I also had problems using * as a wildcard, forcing me to use full URL.
- by Mardus, a year agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on functions as the name says.
Gripes: The add-on is not suited for small screens, especially on Android, as some of the Android phones' smallest screen resolutions are only 240x320px in size.
- by maverick, a year agoRated 4 out of 5The addon works like a charm and it is the most powerful when it comes to change UserAgent.
Definitely a must-have for advanced users in the need of this feature.
However, i believe, it could have a simpler settings' page if one could have a combo box for Platform Selection, another for OS selection and another for Browser Selection, all separated from each other (leading to the final User Agent String).
That would work kind of a "step-by-step wizard" that would avoid the actual very (VERY) long options' combo box that might scare new users...
- by Firefox user 13449138, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Can't configure multible hosts/domains. I add the first rule, everything ist still fine. After i add the second rule and i left the focus from inputfield, now its seems like shuffling all data. In rule1 and rule2 are the same host/domain and/or all the Useragents are the same right now. Whats going wrong?
- by Dan, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Giving it five stars because it actually works in the new firefox versions. It's a bit awkward having to go to the addons page to make changes, be nice if there was a toolbar button for easy access but it seems as if web extensions are all doing this.
The addon itself does the job however. I particularly like being able to set unique agents for specific sites. This is coming in handy right for now for youtube since by using an IE11 string I'm automatically getting the old format back. I know this won't last but as long as it does I'll make use of it.
- by Firefox user 13312517, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Cannot export/import user agent list from old "User Agent Switcher" add-on.
Cannot wipe out all existing user agents with a single click
UI looks confusing, far less comfortable than aforementioned add-on
Three stars because it does the job, but I'm still looking for a more user-friendly option.