- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you for this extension! However, I experience a bug. I Use Firefox Nightly 71.0a1 on Linux (CentOS 7 AMD64). Whenever I enable this extension, I cannot use Alt+[0-9] to switch to already open tab (I even disabled the Alt shortcut in the extension preferences). What it does is that it switches to that particular page but only for a few milliseconds and immediately comes back to the tab I’ve switched from. If you need more info, please use t.me/tukusejssirs … thanks. :)
Developer responseposted 3 months agoHello,
Please, all bug reports send to my support email so we can discuss it properly.
I haven't made any changes there recently so things should work normally - but yes, you need to check the "Disable "Alt" / "CMD" short-keys" option in the Options page / Shot-keys.
Also one more thing... why would "Alt + number" switch between tabs? I thought it's the "Ctrl + number" that switches between tabs in Firefox... maybe it's different in Linux? I will try this in my Ubuntu or install CentoOS.
- Rated 5 out of 5YES GOD DAMN IT YOU FIXED IT AT LAST I CAN CTRL + SHIFT + 2 TO GO TO YOUTUBE IN A NEW TAB IN ONE SINGLE HOTKEY YES YOU FINALLY DID IT YOU BROUGHT BACK THIS FUNCTIONALITY I HAVE MISSED THIS FOR MONTHS SINCE FIREFOX UPDATED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY HERE AND IT'S FINALLY FIXED GOD DAMN IT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
- Rated 2 out of 5When I use the multi-digits dialing then the first digit changes the tab to the relevant number tab and then the multi-digit tab is opened. If the youtube link was opened in the background tab, it is not useful when the youtube video starts playing after trying to open the multi-digits dialing in the new tab.
I believe the multi-digits dialing should work when I release the ctrl button.
Developer responseposted a year agoHello,
I'm sorry for a very late reply. Please contact me to my support e-mail if you still have this problem.
Also please include your Firefox version and operating system you are using.
- Rated 5 out of 5Exactly what I need!
- Rated 2 out of 5I really like the ability to personalize. There are many who are moving from "Speed Dial" by Josep del Rio because it has the ability to use the Ctrl with more than a single digit. For people like me, who have 20 groups and more than 200 pages, I find it easy to access them by memorizing the number and only typing it with the Ctrl. I feel that otherwise this AdsOn is excellent, but I still occupy modzilla 57.0 because I do not have that facility in any other AdOns. And to be honest, this is the one I like the most and the one I see the most in the future. I would love to have that option, since it is really very comfortable and makes the navigation very efficient and precise, more when I use 4x4 groups and only my first page has 12 very frequent pages. To incorporate a similar or better solution, not only would it put the 5 stars, but it would change my rating in SpeedDial to promote the use of its AdOn, since that function to many even made them change to WaterFox or in my case, not update to Quantum.Hello,
I'm sorry for the late reply (please use my support e-mail for questions, I reply more often there).
Regarding multi-digit dialing, this can be enabled in the main add-on in the Options page / Short-keys tab / "Enable access to more than 9 dials".
I know this add-on is not perfect, however due to many limitations in new Webextension API some features are just not possible.
But there are more features coming later (especially the multi-digit dialing will need more upgrades...)
- Rated 4 out of 5Finding this addon was what allowed me to finally update my Firefox. One thing I'm missing from the original legacy speed dial is having the selected number displayed in the middle of the window, basically a visual cue telling me I typed in the number I wanted.
- Rated 5 out of 5Edit: now works! Thanks!
Very good, perhaps I am having one problem; the cursor always get stuck in the address bar. For example, if I get to google from the speed dial with the ctrl + 1 my cursor is always in the navigation bar and not in the search box.
The same happens in any web page.
Sadly focus to address bar is something add-ons cannot change and it's fully controlled by Firefox.
However after few experiments I think I've found a way to achieve that (it's most probably a bug), you can now in version 8.3 find new experimental option called "Force focus on page" in Options page / Short-keys.
Activating this will always focus the page.
If you have more issues, please let me know to my support e-mail.
Have a nice day :)
- Rated 5 out of 5Great feature, but please make the alt modifier optional because some people use it with numeric keys for other purposes.
Thanks! It's just perfect now!EDIT:
Done, using version 2.5 and GroupSpeedDial 8.0 you can now in Options page / Short-keys tab disable Ctrl / Alt / Shift / CMD keys.
Sure thing, I will add a switch in the main GroupSpeedDial add-on in the next release (probably tomorrow or day after that).
Thank you for pointing it out!
- Rated 5 out of 5Perfect!
- Rated 5 out of 5Hi Juraj, This is best add-on ever! I have only 1 every small issue - num-keyboards buttons not working. Will be very nice if you can add support of num-keyboard buttons in futureHello,
Sadly numeric keys issue is a Firefox bug that I reported some time ago:
You can up-vote it to get it more attention - so far it has low priority P5 :(
The bug has been marked as "good-first-bug" so it's probably something easy to do. If you know some Firefox developer or somebody who wants to become one, this may be a good place to start :)
- Rated 4 out of 5Finally, the old Speed Dial functionality is back! This is a godsend.
However, I would prefer it if there was an option menu to configure the hotkeys. Currently, the keys are reversed from what I remember: in the old Speed Dial, ctrl + number was to open in new tab, and ctrl + Shift + number was to open in current tab.
- Rated 5 out of 5This add-on saved me from the misery of no speed dial hotkeys! Thank you!
- Rated 4 out of 5Why can not I use the number keys on the left?Hello,
If you mean the numeric keys on the numeric part of your keyboard then this is a known Firefox bug:
I'm sorry for the bad news.
Have a nice day and happy holidays :)
- Rated 5 out of 5Hi Juraj, I was the commenter earlier who couldn't get it to work. I don't know what happened but suddenly it's working.
But your stroke of genius is your control+number add-on. I'm so excited I can't tell you! LOL. I hadn't read your instructions all the way through and was trying to use the number-pad rather than the numbers above the QWERTY keyboard. It is now working great! And the double digit option is even greater!
I can't thank you enough.
Anne Klausner (anneinpt)
- Rated 4 out of 5One of my favorite features from the old speed dial! 5 stars assured if it works for double-digits too!