To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Copper (Cu) 0.18.4.1-signed
The Copper (Cu) CoAP user-agent for Firefox installs a handler for the 'coap' URI scheme and allows users to browse and interact with Internet of Things devices.
About this Add-on
- URI handling for the 'coap' scheme (address bar and links)
- Interaction through GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE
- Resource discovery
- Blockwise transfers
- Observing Resources
- Simply enter a CoAP URI into the address bar or follow a CoAP link (e.g., coap://vs0.inf.ethz.ch/)
- After opening the location of a CoAP server the auto discovery (or a click on 'Discover') will retrieve the available resources from
- At a resource location (e.g., coap://[aaaa::0212:7402:0002:0202]:5683/light)
use the buttons GET, POST, PUT, DELETE to perform an action. The response will be displayed in the browser.
- For more detailed debug output, start Firefox with the switch
-console(Windows) or in a terminal (Linux) and add the boolean
browser.dom.window.dump.enabled=trueto about:config (now directly accessible through preferences).
- Our test server can be found at coap://vs0.inf.ethz.ch/
- Other servers can be found in the CoRE working group Wiki. Most of the time, however, they appear to be offline.
- Copper also works with the Contiki REST example (coap-03) and the Erbium REST Engine (coap-07) available here.
If you are running Cooja correctly, the following URIs should work:
Disabled deprecated draft versions: draft-ietf-core-coap-18 is the Proposed Standard.
Upgraded to draft-ietf-core-observe-13 and draft-ietf-core-block-14.
Improved block size negotiation.
Added how-to in tools menu.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: