- by Ruben, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5I´ve found a problem with the auto cleaner. If a website doesn´t have cookies, the auto cleaner won´t trigger and won´t delete any other information from that website (such as localStorage and indexedDB) even if the option for deleting that things is enabled. Please fix this, or I can´t give 5*. I really love this addon and use it always but this problem is annoying me recently.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoIn normal operating conditions, a cookie is usually set by us whenever a (non-third party) site is visited, which allows us to trigger cleanup for all the other site data types. The only ways the cookie isn't created is if: a) we're denied the required access to that site, or b) the auto clean function is turned off while browsing the sites.
If you think you have found a bug in regards to this, please head on over to our GitHub repository and open an issue/bug report with further details so that we can discuss it further.
- by kolAflash, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension!
Just a few questions:
Is there any hope that Mozilla will support this for the new Firefox>=80 on Android?
Why not activly asking users if cookies should be deleted after leaving a site?
Or alternatively making AutoDelete the default and activly asking users if cookies should be kept.
Also has anyone compared this extension with:
I've been using "Forget Me Not" for about a year and I'm currently trying to evaluate which one may be more suitable for my parents and other less technical experienced people I know.
- by Firefox user 15434817, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Permissions
Does this addon have permission to "Access browser activity during navigation" ?
Does not delete all cookies
Developer replies quickly
Developer responseposted 8 months agoWe don't access browser activity during navigation yet.
All cookies should be able to be removed through this extension. This is better off as a support question that can be better answered by creating a support issue through the link below.
Please open a support issue through our GitHub repo for discussion.
- by convertat, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5The extension deletes cookies... but not local storage on default. There is the option to delete your whole local storage. Should be turned on by default.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoBecause there is no way to check what site is using localstorage, we keep it off by default as enabling it would remove all localstorage from all domains (to have a blank slate), which may break some sites. Once enabled, however, it can be configured to be kept/removed per domain.
- by Tutakarmoon, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great addon, very useful. Question, is there a way I can delete all the cookies for a site aside from the ones that keep me logged in? For example, I want to delete Youtube cookies, except for the ones that allow me to stay logged into Youtube when I exit the website. Thanks.
- by Firefox user 14327725, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Zouden er 5 zijn, mocht er een optie zijn om de "Bling-Bloing" uit te zetten.
Zeker als er meerdere tabbladen open zijn / gaan (tabgroups )is de hele reeks geluiden zeer storend.
Maar niet storend genoeg om de extensie te verwijderen, wel uitzetten zodra ik niet alleen in een ruimte ben.