Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12449250, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5missing icons((
UPD: Step by step. Did everything as you requested. Nothing changed.
Sites have icons ;)
Can i still help?Strange indeed! Are you sure all those websites missing icons have a favicon? I checked tparser.org and it does appear to have a favicon. Would you please try first saving (downloading to a JSON file) your search engines, then removing the extension and the file storage-sync.sqlite from your Firefox Profile folder, and finally reloading your saved search engines in the extension's preferences page and let me know if you get the same results. Alternatively, you may try loading your search engines in a new Firefox profile to see if the problem persists. I'm sorry for the trouble. If the problem remains, then I'd appreciate if you would file a bug on Github. Thanks.
UPD: Would you mind sending me your list of search engines (the JSON file you can download), so I can do some testing on my end (I'm on Mac so I may get different results!)? Also, please feel free to give the latest dev version on Github a try. The code has gone through quite some changes since the last release on AMO. I should be able to release it soon, but I still need to polish a few things and do some testing.
- by Firefox user 14266561, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5why not add some hotkey or better let user modify keymap，i think this will be amazing
- by Firefox user 13617644, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The idea is good, but it doesn't save the checkboxes and doesn't save added search engines :(I know there are a few bugs and I'm trying to get them sorted out shortly. If you have some spare time, please give the dev version on Github a try and let me know if it works for you. But bare in mind that it's still a work in progress.
- by rajesh goyal, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5this add-ons of mozilla is amazing .
it is very fit in latest update verson of windows
i has been using mozilla for 4 years. this is one of the best browser at all.
click here to know more about technical news and updates...
- by Rusty Trombone, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great. My most used extension after mouse gestures.
Despite every search has to be created manually, I like the configurability of that also.
I would give it a top score, but the latest version wants too many permissions that it really shouldn't need and didn't need before (for monetization I suppose), so I can't use any future upgrades (although not a big deal, it works well now).
- by quaz3, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I was looking for a replacement for Fastest Search, compatible with Quantum. This is lacking most functionalities of Fastest Search, but hey - room to grow. At the moment I can't even get the icon box to appear reliably :(
My first few suggestions of easily several hundred ;)
- Please fix the icon box, that either it appears OR the context menu. Or let them both appear side by side. You could make all this optional.
- Display the icon box in the configuration menu.
- Keyword search without "cs" would be nice.
- There should be unlimited multi searches. A multi search should be one new search engine line, with its own keyword, and several keywords as its URL
- by doogle11, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works pretty well for the most part. The feature I'd like to use the most is the JSON import, however, it doesn't seem to do anything when I load the JSON file from the FF profile folder. Am I doing something wrong? Running this on Mac High SierraI'm not sure which JSON you're using. I'd recommend exporting, i.e. downloading, the JSON file from the extension's preferences page. Then you can keep it as a backup and upload it (also from the extension's preferences page) whenever you wish. There's no need to mingle with files in your ffx profile folder. Hope this helps!
- by AtsmonY, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like your extension, and it is great I can configure it.
One issue that happened lately is that the shortcut keys in the address bar are not caught by the extension.
for example, I defined "gg" as a shortcut to search in google.com
I use a Quantum 64bit Firefox, with address bar & search bar combined (not separated)
when I type in the bar "gg FIFA world cup", for example, I get the google search results for "gg FIFA...". That is to say that my "gg" is not interpreted as a keyword.
If you can fix it, I promise to add a star in another review.You need to precede "gg FIFA world cup" with "cs " so that the Context Search can identify that it is being requested. You should therefore type the following "cs gg FIFA world cup" in the url address bar. Try it out and let me know how things go.