Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by Mithrán, a month agoRated 1 out of 5While "Search selected text using your preferred search engines" does not necessarily mean the ones added in your browser, it will be understood that way by many users who will be disappointed when they see the actual functionality of the extension.
Sadly, you have to manually set yourself every single search string. If you have many search engines added, it will be a taxing endeavor.
If there was some way to export search engines and this extension could load the exported engines onto itself, then it would be worth using if you have many search engines. Otherwise it's still better to copy the text, paste it into the search bar, and then click the search engine icon in the search bar.
Developer responseposted a month agoWe've looked into ways that would enable us to import search engines that have already been added to Firefox, but Mozilla's Search API does not allow us to have access to the search query strings. That information stays hidden from developers, so we can't import the built-in search engines into Context Search. Thanks for your understanding and rating. It's very encouraging!
- by Maverick, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5It is a great plugin but after the new update the settings started to reset. There is a problem in version 3.9.1. Settings are broken when you close Firefox. I installed 3.9.0 again. It works perfectly. I hope this problem will be solved with the new update.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThank you for your review. Would you please report the bug over at https://github.com/odebroqueville/contextSearch/issues by specifying exactly what is broken and detailing the steps required to reproduce the bug. That would be most helpful. Thank you in advance.
- by Gridlocked, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5The resetting issue was solved - this is great so it's 5 stars.
I only wish this could function like the context menu search extension for chrome which uses a key word for custom search because that allows much more customization BUT I'm pretty sure this must be a FF issue not a dev issue since no one does it like that on FF.
- by aptharsia, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using this add on for years, thank you developers! But adding it recently, my search engines keep resetting when I restart my browser, how do you stop that?
- by Firefox user 15291916, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5It did not pick up all the search engines from my search box, and automatically included several I didn't want instead.Mozilla's Web extension API does not allow for the feature you would like and we have never advertised that the extension offers the possibility to import your search engines from Firefox. Unfortunately, this has to be done manually in the extension's preferences page. Please be fair and reconsider your rating.
- by Firefox user 15241320, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Its great., however can I suggest one feature:
Would love for a few of the searches to be directly on the right click menu rather under the Context Search drop down menu.
- by Firefox user 15126044, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This one now deletes my custom search engines whenever I open the browser, but it used to work perfectly. Hopefully, there will be a fix for this soon. I appreciate all the hard work done by the developers to make a great add-on.