- Rated 5 out of 5easy
- Rated 4 out of 5Its great., however can I suggest one feature:
Would love for a few of the searches to be directly on the right click menu rather under the Context Search drop down menu.
- Rated 2 out of 5I used to like this addon, but lately enabling it causes FF to crash often for some reason.
- Rated 4 out of 5This one now deletes my custom search engines whenever I open the browser, but it used to work perfectly. Hopefully, there will be a fix for this soon. I appreciate all the hard work done by the developers to make a great add-on.
- Rated 4 out of 5Super ultra mega útil .Ótimo !
- Rated 5 out of 5A good addon providing powerful search features.
- Rated 5 out of 5Hi Olivier. Thanks very much for this extension and your time spent developing it. It replaces a now deprecated extension and is very valuable to me. I am having an issue with 3.72 that others have reported. Namely, when I delete a search engine the list of search engines disappears. A refresh brings it back, but this adds a lot of time to the removal process.
- Rated 5 out of 5Very useful and easy to customize! Everyone should try it. Thank you for your work
- Rated 1 out of 5Spent twenty minutes trying to edit the search engine list, buttons don't work half the time, and deleting an entry often causes it to reload with an empty list. Refreshing the page brings it all back, but then the buttons to move entries up and down the list stop working.
Configuring the list really shouldn't require this much effort.
Avoid until it gets fixed.Hi Tim, sorry to hear about the bad experience you're having. Would you please file an issue on Github detailing which OS and version of Firefox you're using and the steps to reproduce the bug you encountered. It would help me a lot to debug the issue. Thanks.
- Rated 5 out of 5Hi, v. 3.72 is broken in Waterfox win 64. it shows the menu, but it does nothing. I rolled back to 3.69 and it seems to be fine.
- Rated 4 out of 5Been using this add-on for about a year and other than a couple small issues it works great.
Ordering the list of search engines is a little tedious.
I can't say I'm happy with the exif reader in 3.72, I'd like to have an option to remove it.Context Search Lite has been released. It's the same as Context Search but without added functionalities such as the Exif Viewer. https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/context-search-lite/
- Rated 1 out of 5The updated extension as already reported by others currently doesn't work as before. It's nearly unusable.
Unfortunately the author added also a functionality which thematically doesn't fit at all with search engines: An Exif Viewer for jpgs.
For me an extension stuffed with random functions which don't belong to each other is nearly worthless. I already have an Exif viewer as extension.
It's a pity for a wonderful extension it was. I'll continue to use the old version without Exif Viewer.
An issue on Github with the request to delete the exif viewer has been refused. Which absolutely isn't a problem but that tone used "Tough luck ...", "go use another" left me a bit puzzled. Not the most diplomatic way to communicate with its users ....You reap what you sow. You're by no means diplomatic yourself. Your comment on Github was very disrespectful for the efforts that went into adding functionality to Context Search. I also find that it is quite arrogant of you to decide for everyone else using this extension. I went ahead and created a more limited version without the Exif Viewer, but you clearly don't deserve it. Your rating and comment show what an obnoxious and ungrateful person you are.
- Rated 5 out of 5It's a very usefull add-on but the last update broke it. The context menu dissapeared from right-click options...Sorry for the trouble. Had a hard time debugging things. I hope the latest release 3.72 will fix the major issues. Thank you for your kind support and understanding.
- Rated 5 out of 5Love the Add-On, hope you manage to fix it soon.Sorry for the trouble. Had a hard time debugging things. I hope the latest release 3.72 will fix the major issues. Thank you for your kind support and words of encouragement.
- Rated 5 out of 5addon is also broke for me but I saw the replies so I know dev is trying to fix the problem. Can only cheer on with a 5 star review while I await the fix...
==edit April 6==
I think the addon is fixed for me now! Thank you so much for the quick fix!Sorry for the trouble. Had a hard time debugging things. I hope the latest release 3.72 will fix the major issues. Thank you for your kind support, understanding and patience.
- Rated 4 out of 5Unfortunately, the add-on v 3.71 has stopped working again, the context menu was gone. I am very upset!
Old versions of FF has crashed at start!
Today It hasn't been worked. Then I have REinstalled (latest) firefox. I previously saved the file of my own search engines (synchronized with my firefox account for lovely addons, saved my browser bookmarks - it did not need to be restored). It has been start working. :) But I have lost S3.Translator. This addon required own reactivation solutions.
Now I using only old version 3.69 which available right-here.Sorry for the trouble. Had a hard time debugging things. I hope the latest release 3.72 will fix the major issues. Thank you for your kind support and understanding.
- Rated 5 out of 5Using v3.71 but the options menu in the context menu keeps disappearing intermittently. Can't wait for the fix. Excellent addon otherwise, one that I can't live without. Kudos to the dev.
Thanks to the dev for a swift response and update. Works perfectly now.Sorry for the trouble. Had a hard time debugging things. I hope the latest release 3.72 will fix the major issues. Thank you for your kind support and understanding.
- Rated 2 out of 5Suddenly, this add-ons made self-updates and deleted all my favorite search engines! Besides, I can't even customize them anymore, I can't delete unwanted engines. I can't customize settings. FIX THIS PLEASE!
[RE] : I saved a BACKUP of my custom search engines as well! But as the settings are getting restored automatically, the option "Force reload of default search engines list" gets marked, then I loose my custom engines.
NOTE: All of this happened with the firefox 62 I made update just after this, thinking it was just a matter of compatibilty.
- Rated 4 out of 5It's a great addon, but it don't recognize the search engines I had in firefox and the import option needs a .json file that I haven't.
EDIT: Well, I can export json file but when I import json file, only have "undefined" search engines.Hi Alan, Thanks for your review. You first need to backup your search engines by exporting them. That'll generate the .json file you can later import if ever you should lose your list of favourite search engines. Let me know if you have any other questions.