- by Sans Undertale, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Takes some fine tuning to get the way I want it, but it's quite customizable and the developer is responsive to bug reports. Easily the best Search Extension (sorry Swift Search Selection).
- by Boom, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is a gem indeed! After Firegestures stopped working, I thought I won't have an easy "search with" popup solution in FF ever again. But this extension did it, and added way more to it! Customization options are very powerful. Different ways of opening the menu with mouse and keyboard shortcuts effectively made it a perfect replacement for the long lost Firegestures "search selection with" option. Thank you Mike!
- by OM_RA, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful. But, the search by the sidebar does not work.
Developer responseposted a year agoThere may be some confusion due to this addon using the phrase "Sidebar" in reference to a floating iframe menu, included before Firefox added their own Sidebar feature which opens a window pane to the left or right of the browser window.
This addon can send search results to the Firefox sidebar, but cannot actually OPEN the sidebar. Normally, you'd receive a little message in the top-right browser window notifying you to open the FF sidebar if a search was performed using the option to open in the sidebar and the sidebar was not already open. If you're not getting the expected results, open a new issue at ( https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/issues ) or just edit your responses here and check back once in a while.
- by Leonid, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Version 1.26.1 works great. The last three updates (1.27.1, 1.27.2 and 1.27.3) do not work on some search engines, in particular on Yandex, Dogpile and some others - just a blank page opens.
Therefore, I remain on the old version.
Unfortunately, I don't have an account on GitHub and I'm not an experienced user, but I can add here: I found that all search engines on version 1.27.4 work fine in the Quick Menu, but Yandex, Bing, Startpage and Dogpile do not work in the Context menu.
Yes, everything is exactly as You said - I have an orange FF marker on those search engines with which there are problems.
Developer responseposted a year ago(edit3 - 10-19-2020) Were you searching a folder or a single engine when you observed the problem last? I've uploaded v1.27.5 which fixed the same problem v1.27.4 did, but when searching a folder as well.
(edit 2) Thanks for the reply. I thought the bug fixed in 1.27.4 would take care of your issue, but there must be another bug. I've tried all the engines you mentioned, but I'm getting good search results using the context menu now. Could you open ContextSearch options -> Search Engines and tell me if you see an orange (FF) next to those engines you're having issues with? If not, could you edit one of them and paste the template / method / etc info? It could help narrow down the problem.
(edit) Nevermind, version 1.27.4 going up. Context menu was not working with Firefox engines
Would you mind opening a ticket at the support site or editing your reply here? Some users seem to be experiencing problems with the latest builds and I could use some input on what exactly is going wrong. I tried adding Yandex to my install and had no problems, and troubleshooting is difficult when I can't replicate the bug.
- by hg42, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5(not sure where my old review has gone...)
Definitely one of my top extensions. Adds a lot of efficiency to searching. Unfolds it's real potential, if you use a lot of search engines for more specific searches. Very nice and competent developer, he always had an open ear for useful suggestions. Keep in mind: Mozilla is blocking several possibilities for such an extension, so there may be some quirks. Being a developer myself, I can assure you, the developer does his best to circumvent such problems.
- by tomncar , 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Probably Top on my list of addons :o) Just love how you can just right click on any Site with a search box and add it to your list of search engines.
Hate that Google default is US ! Nothing against the US but by default a lot of the results are completely irrelevant to me .
Just so pleased . Thankyou