- Rated 5 out of 5by asg aesgasgea sg, 2 months agoBy far the most important extension. Would switch browsers for an addon like this. Not only that but the guy is awesome and very responsive on his github.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15217831, 3 months agoNot quite as polished as the screenshots would suggest. But certainly the functionality for this extension is beautiful.
*The sidebar doesn't seem to be displaying anything ... But the button for the extension is working just fine.
- Rated 2 out of 5by rediffusion, 3 months agoНет возможно выборочного поиска на нескольких сайтах одновременно. Фигня!
Developer responseposted 3 months ago"There is no possible selective search on multiple sites at the same time. Bullshit!"
There are a number of ways to search multiple sites at the same time.
Folder search -> Search every engine in a particular folder with one click.
When using the context menu, enable "Show an option to search the entire folder at the top of the menu". This places a menu entry that allows searching every engine in the folder.
When using one of the tile-based menus, map a mouse button to a folder search action under Quick Menu -> Search Actions. Tile-based menus also allow for clicking several engines, one after the other, while keeping the menu open, whereas the context menu does not.
Существует несколько способов одновременного поиска на нескольких сайтах.
Поиск в папке -> Поиск в каждом движке в определенной папке одним щелчком мыши.
При использовании контекстного меню включите «Показать параметр для поиска во всей папке вверху меню». Это помещает пункт меню, который позволяет искать каждый движок в папке.
При использовании одного из меню на основе плитки сопоставьте кнопку мыши с действием поиска в папке в меню «Быстрое меню» -> «Действия поиска». Меню на основе плитки также позволяют щелкать несколько движков один за другим, оставляя меню открытым, тогда как контекстное меню этого не делает.
- Rated 5 out of 5by LogUserFX, 4 months agoI was impressed with the number of options this extension offers and it has always worked well. The advantages that can be listed are many, perhaps one that users may not think about is that it can also support a very large number of search engines.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dideldum, 5 months agoThis ist the best Search-Engine addon i ever found for Firefox & Chrome with lots of configuration possibilites, works perfectly.
Hint: From my optinion there a too much configuration possibilites for the daily user. A separate "simple configuation menu" could be useful...
- Rated 5 out of 5by yuleself, 6 months agoSomehow the Copy-to-Clipboard button stopped working on some websites again, while the build-in COPY context menu works fine.
2 example links:
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThanks. I've found the problem based on the links you provided.
The clipboard API requires a secure HTTPS website to function. The first link you provided uses HTTPS on the main page, but not on the results page. I assume it's the same issue you're having on your local server ( no https ).
I've added some fallback code that seems to work, but the function is long depreciated, and may stop working at some point. Fixes will be in the next release.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dan, 10 months agoNice addon, been using it for a while but with the latest version it's missing sometimes on the context menu. This is especially true with the about:support page where I use the search to easily check for updates with installed extensions that takes me to the Firefox addon page. For now I've gone back to 1.28.1, which has been working flawlessly.
Update:1.32a1 seems good. I'll update this again if there's any problems.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoI think this bug may have finally been tracked down, with the help of a user @ the github support site. If you're game, backup your current CS config and install the signed pre-release from here: https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/releases/tag/v1.32a1
- Rated 2 out of 5by hschnellinger, 10 months agoI really like this Add-On and use it daily. But lately it has updates every second day, and I can't find a proper new release notes about what and why these updates happen, while the code on github shows no updates for months.
That's not the most trustworthy situation. I hope you just forget about the changelog…
- Rated 1 out of 5by Afzal, 10 months agoConstantly disappears from the menu for some websites, no from all websites. Just a little more testing before updating would be appreciated. And if not possible, stop adding so many features.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sans Undertale, a year agoTakes some fine tuning to get the way I want it, but it's quite customizable and the developer is responsive to bug reports. Easily the best Search Extension (sorry Swift Search Selection).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Boom, a year agoThis is a gem indeed! After Firegestures stopped working, I thought I won't have an easy "search with" popup solution in FF ever again. But this extension did it, and added way more to it! Customization options are very powerful. Different ways of opening the menu with mouse and keyboard shortcuts effectively made it a perfect replacement for the long lost Firegestures "search selection with" option. Thank you Mike!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12563944, 2 years agoРасширение хорошее, но постоянно вылезает сообщение на желтом фоне вверху экрана о том, что это дополнение тормозит загрузку веб страниц :(
Developer responseposted 2 years ago"The extension is good, but a message constantly pops up on a yellow background at the top of the screen stating that this add-on slows down the loading of web pages"
The only time I've seen real slowdown is during the marking of very short search results on a large page or using the Find bar to search across all tabs. When are you seeing the slowdown?