- by maclay, 14 days agoRated 5 out of 5The "Drag", "Simple click" (Left button + ctrl/alt.. etc) options for a quick menu does not work after the last update. Please fix it.
upd. oh, only now I noticed simple click working without selection, I tried it on selected text. FF 96.0.1
thank for "Drag" fix
- by yuleself, 16 days agoRated 5 out of 5RECENTLY, the Copy-to-Clipboard button stopped working on some websites (my internal system for example, which I can't give as a url). I clicked the button, the extension requested the permission ( after I tried installing and reinstalling), and I granted. but the clipboard just got empty. It worked perfectly fine before. please fix this!
EDIT: tried ver. 1.33b3 on github, the issue was fixed. thanks!
- by Dan, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice addon, been using it for a while but with the latest version it's missing sometimes on the context menu. This is especially true with the about:support page where I use the search to easily check for updates with installed extensions that takes me to the Firefox addon page. For now I've gone back to 1.28.1, which has been working flawlessly.
Update:1.32a1 seems good. I'll update this again if there's any problems.I think this bug may have finally been tracked down, with the help of a user @ the github support site. If you're game, backup your current CS config and install the signed pre-release from here: https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/releases/tag/v1.32a1
- by hschnellinger, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5I really like this Add-On and use it daily. But lately it has updates every second day, and I can't find a proper new release notes about what and why these updates happen, while the code on github shows no updates for months.
That's not the most trustworthy situation. I hope you just forget about the changelog…
- by Afzal, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Constantly disappears from the menu for some websites, no from all websites. Just a little more testing before updating would be appreciated. And if not possible, stop adding so many features.
- by Sans Undertale, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Takes some fine tuning to get the way I want it, but it's quite customizable and the developer is responsive to bug reports. Easily the best Search Extension (sorry Swift Search Selection).
- by Boom, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is a gem indeed! After Firegestures stopped working, I thought I won't have an easy "search with" popup solution in FF ever again. But this extension did it, and added way more to it! Customization options are very powerful. Different ways of opening the menu with mouse and keyboard shortcuts effectively made it a perfect replacement for the long lost Firegestures "search selection with" option. Thank you Mike!
- by Firefox user 12563944, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Расширение хорошее, но постоянно вылезает сообщение на желтом фоне вверху экрана о том, что это дополнение тормозит загрузку веб страниц :("The extension is good, but a message constantly pops up on a yellow background at the top of the screen stating that this add-on slows down the loading of web pages"
The only time I've seen real slowdown is during the marking of very short search results on a large page or using the Find bar to search across all tabs. When are you seeing the slowdown?
- by Firefox user 16274658, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Why is it disabled on addons.mozilla.org? Description of the Addon says it works on *ALL* websites.
Also, in my case, I had to restart Firefox before the Addon became active. To clarify, it did install fine, and I could configure the settings, but the quick menu wouldn't popup before I restarted.All content scripts are disabled by Mozilla on several mozilla.org domains, including this one ( addons.mozilla.org ). It's not just this add-on. Any add-on with features that rely on injecting code will not work here. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Content_scripts
- by OM_RA, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful. But, the search by the sidebar does not work.There may be some confusion due to this addon using the phrase "Sidebar" in reference to a floating iframe menu, included before Firefox added their own Sidebar feature which opens a window pane to the left or right of the browser window.
This addon can send search results to the Firefox sidebar, but cannot actually OPEN the sidebar. Normally, you'd receive a little message in the top-right browser window notifying you to open the FF sidebar if a search was performed using the option to open in the sidebar and the sidebar was not already open. If you're not getting the expected results, open a new issue at ( https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/issues ) or just edit your responses here and check back once in a while.
- by Leonid, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Version 1.26.1 works great. The last three updates (1.27.1, 1.27.2 and 1.27.3) do not work on some search engines, in particular on Yandex, Dogpile and some others - just a blank page opens.
Therefore, I remain on the old version.
Unfortunately, I don't have an account on GitHub and I'm not an experienced user, but I can add here: I found that all search engines on version 1.27.4 work fine in the Quick Menu, but Yandex, Bing, Startpage and Dogpile do not work in the Context menu.
Yes, everything is exactly as You said - I have an orange FF marker on those search engines with which there are problems.(edit3 - 10-19-2020) Were you searching a folder or a single engine when you observed the problem last? I've uploaded v1.27.5 which fixed the same problem v1.27.4 did, but when searching a folder as well.
(edit 2) Thanks for the reply. I thought the bug fixed in 1.27.4 would take care of your issue, but there must be another bug. I've tried all the engines you mentioned, but I'm getting good search results using the context menu now. Could you open ContextSearch options -> Search Engines and tell me if you see an orange (FF) next to those engines you're having issues with? If not, could you edit one of them and paste the template / method / etc info? It could help narrow down the problem.
(edit) Nevermind, version 1.27.4 going up. Context menu was not working with Firefox engines
Would you mind opening a ticket at the support site or editing your reply here? Some users seem to be experiencing problems with the latest builds and I could use some input on what exactly is going wrong. I tried adding Yandex to my install and had no problems, and troubleshooting is difficult when I can't replicate the bug.