- by LogUserFX, 16 days agoRated 5 out of 5I was impressed with the number of options this extension offers and it has always worked well. The advantages that can be listed are many, perhaps one that users may not think about is that it can also support a very large number of search engines.
- by Dideldum, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5This ist the best Search-Engine addon i ever found for Firefox & Chrome with lots of configuration possibilites, works perfectly.
Hint: From my optinion there a too much configuration possibilites for the daily user. A separate "simple configuation menu" could be useful...
- by yuleself, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Somehow the Copy-to-Clipboard button stopped working on some websites again, while the build-in COPY context menu works fine.
2 example links:
Developer responseposted 3 months agoThanks. I've found the problem based on the links you provided.
The clipboard API requires a secure HTTPS website to function. The first link you provided uses HTTPS on the main page, but not on the results page. I assume it's the same issue you're having on your local server ( no https ).
I've added some fallback code that seems to work, but the function is long depreciated, and may stop working at some point. Fixes will be in the next release.
- by Dan, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice addon, been using it for a while but with the latest version it's missing sometimes on the context menu. This is especially true with the about:support page where I use the search to easily check for updates with installed extensions that takes me to the Firefox addon page. For now I've gone back to 1.28.1, which has been working flawlessly.
Update:1.32a1 seems good. I'll update this again if there's any problems.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoI think this bug may have finally been tracked down, with the help of a user @ the github support site. If you're game, backup your current CS config and install the signed pre-release from here: https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/releases/tag/v1.32a1
- by hschnellinger, 7 months agoRated 2 out of 5I really like this Add-On and use it daily. But lately it has updates every second day, and I can't find a proper new release notes about what and why these updates happen, while the code on github shows no updates for months.
That's not the most trustworthy situation. I hope you just forget about the changelog…
- by Afzal, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Constantly disappears from the menu for some websites, no from all websites. Just a little more testing before updating would be appreciated. And if not possible, stop adding so many features.
- by Sans Undertale, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Takes some fine tuning to get the way I want it, but it's quite customizable and the developer is responsive to bug reports. Easily the best Search Extension (sorry Swift Search Selection).
- by Boom, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This is a gem indeed! After Firegestures stopped working, I thought I won't have an easy "search with" popup solution in FF ever again. But this extension did it, and added way more to it! Customization options are very powerful. Different ways of opening the menu with mouse and keyboard shortcuts effectively made it a perfect replacement for the long lost Firegestures "search selection with" option. Thank you Mike!
- by Firefox user 12563944, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Расширение хорошее, но постоянно вылезает сообщение на желтом фоне вверху экрана о том, что это дополнение тормозит загрузку веб страниц :(
Developer responseposted a year ago"The extension is good, but a message constantly pops up on a yellow background at the top of the screen stating that this add-on slows down the loading of web pages"
The only time I've seen real slowdown is during the marking of very short search results on a large page or using the Find bar to search across all tabs. When are you seeing the slowdown?
- by Firefox user 16274658, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Why is it disabled on addons.mozilla.org? Description of the Addon says it works on *ALL* websites.
Also, in my case, I had to restart Firefox before the Addon became active. To clarify, it did install fine, and I could configure the settings, but the quick menu wouldn't popup before I restarted.
Developer responseposted a year agoAll content scripts are disabled by Mozilla on several mozilla.org domains, including this one ( addons.mozilla.org ). It's not just this add-on. Any add-on with features that rely on injecting code will not work here. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Content_scripts