Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
2. Added Japanese localisation
3. Extracted the search engine manager from the old version of Firefox so that it can still work in Firefox 43+
4. Link text is now searched for rather than current word, if on a link
5. Corrected bug in version 25 where linkText() was used and onLink was false, hence using previous link text, where current word was supposed to be used instead.
2. Handle search engines with "," and ":" in their names properly
3. Preferences dialog now works in Nightly 41
2. Used contentWindowAsCPOW to get selection on Nightly (thanks to user feedback)
3. Amended incorrect use of loadURIWithFlags that started to fail on Nightly
4. Romanian localisation
5. Updated German localisatio
2. Disabled the standard context menu item when "useAllSources" is disabled, which had appeared in some cases
2. Corrected a bug where the alt/title value is used instead of the current word.
3. Added a new hidden option useAllSources to turn off the context search when there is no selection.
2. Added Pale Moon's new GUID to install.rdf
3. Updated Dutch translation
2. Previously, holding Ctrl/Command/Win when triggering a search toggled background/foreground opening of new tabs (undocumented), but in addition to this, now if Ctrl/Command/Win is held down, a search will always open in a new tab.
2. The new preferences of disableSubmenu, enableDefaultEngine, separatorBefore and separatorAfter allow minor tweaks of the context search menu.
3. One can now enable clipboard use by turning on useClipboard, and holding shift while bringing up the context menu. (I make it unlikely to accidentally trigger this because of possible privacy issues.) I also hope this clipboard thing doesn't break any old versions.
1. If hideStandardContextItem was switched off, the item always appeared even when there is no selected text.
a. This bug-fix should finally solve all problems associated with two search results opening
b. I trapped the click event so that I can get middle-clicks and differentiate between left and right click, but there is no way to cancel the command event that occurs after left/right click event, and this command event is needed for access-key triggered searches. I therefore set a variable to remember that I have searched already so that I don't have double-tabs appearing. But to allow the pin-popup mode, I needed to reset this variable, which I set a timeout for. But some people encountered a rare problem in which the timeout handler was interleaved between the click and command events. So by the time the command event came the variable was reset. This is an unexpected but not unacceptable behavior which is unlike the bad behaviour observed in the previous bug which is completely reproducible.
a. One of them will be locked and exiting Firefox is the only way to close it (in fact, opening two tabs very quickly in any way causes this locking problem with Scriptify)
b. This bug-fix might also solve other problems involving two tabs opening for every search (but not the one due to the pin-popup feature)
c. If you compare to see the revision, there is no difference except that "node.clicked=true;" is now placed above "var newTab=browser.addTab(...);" which means that when "browser.addTab" was called, it also processed the oncommand event. This is unexpected because it should not be possible for two event handlers to be interleaved in execution!
(was not working as expected in 0.4.6.10 due to a typo)
2. If there is no selection, the word under the cursor will be used instead (0.4.6.10+) -- thanks to feedback from Renato Silva
3. If all the engines in the submenu are hidden, the "Manage Search Engines..." will be placed outside the submenu and the submenu will be hidden (0.4.6.10+) -- thanks to feedback from Solotak
2. Solved a very minor bug involving enclosing strings in quotes when the context menu is pinned open
2. New program icon (icon for menu pending -- anyone willing to help?)
2. Russian localisation -- by Точки над Ё
3. Allow Unicode search engine labels in the context menu -- thanks to feedback from Точки над Ё
4. Hidden preference (about:config necessary) extensions.contextsearchx.showIcons allow icons to be shown in the top level context menu -- thanks to feedback from Точки над Ё
5. The Site Search item is now localised along with the rest of the extension -- thanks to feedback from Точки над Ё
2. Automatically increase preference window size to accommodate new buttons
3. Added Deutsch localisation by Boris Cornet
2. Corrected trimming of white-space from selection in input controls
3. Context menu can be pinned (i.e. kept open) for searches in background tabs, so that multiple searches can be executed at once, and can be toggled temporarily by pressing the space-bar in the context menu (experimental) -- thanks to feedback from KJH23SJH99
4. Fixed bug with further overlays to the engine manager dialog -- thanks to feedback from Coldumbo
2. Added preferences to allow you to specify which button to use for opening the search in the current tab or for toggling the background/foreground tab opening
3. Solve bug with failing to close menu after clicking on the sub-menu item using the default engine
4. Solve bug with separators outside sub-menu
5. Change format of preferences to a simpler format
2. Search current site for selected text using Google: "Google Site Search" in menu.
3. Clicking on the popup menu item itself will act like the default context-selectsearch item. Instead of that, you could also put a "*" in front of an engine name in the menuitems preference, to tie it to this item. But the engine cannot be hidden with "!" then. I am thinking of alternatives**.
4. Allowed hiding of engines inside submenu (which I assume is not really needed): Put a "!" in front of the name of the engine in the menuitems preference to be hidden.
5. Right-clicking any of the menuitems will open it in current tab. I might consider rotating the behavior of left, middle and right click**.
A sample menuitems preference would be:
*Google::G,Wikipedia (en):Wikipedia:w,The Free Dictionary:$S:d,|Amazon.com,!eBay
** - wait for the next version