Rated 2.4 out of 5
2.4 Stars out of 5
- by originalme8, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It works for syncing containers, but it does not sync you "site settings". So you can get your custom containers on multiple devices, but you have to setup your rules for each website that you want to go into the containers on each device.
- by Ben, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Last version at 6/3/2018 works fine (Synced from Firefox release to Firefox Beta ). You should have already installed the containers plugin (which for some reason firefox is not syncing, but that's different story), then this add-on will work
- by YellowPages, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5After some initial issues with this add on (couldn't figure out why), it finally worked w/o any problems.
However, out of a sudden, it stopped working recently without any hints so far. while my custom named containers are still present on one (Window) PC, the names and containers in general reverted back to the default ones, on the other PC.
Syncing, e.g. bookmarks, is still working btw. between those PCs!
Using th latest available Container Sync version.
I could get my containers back, restoring the file containers.json, however, not those settings which bookmark opens in which container.
** Does anybody know the location where the container add on remembers the appropriate container for bookmarks? **
-> Found it! Information is stored within the users profiles folder, subfolder .\browser-extension-data\@testpilot-containers file storage.js
- by Anonymous, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Initially worked fine, but then started the next day and the containers had reset to the defaults in the multi-account containers button even through the add-on said that it sync'd all the containers in the side window.
- by Firefox user 13874786, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5back-up and restore button show "done" but nothing happens.
"view synced containers" doesn't do anythingHi,
Thanks for reporting the issue.
Backup and restore buttons sync your containers data using Firefox sync.
View synced containers opens a sidebar (left or right) showing a list of synced containers.
Can you please create an issue on github here(https://github.com/ramkumar-kr/containers-sync/issues/new) with the following information so that we can solve this?
- Version of Firefox
- Operating system
- Whether Firefox sync is enabled
- Screenshot/recording showing the bug.
- by Firefox user 13512713, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Tl;dr: do not use this add-on (yet). It lacks any feedback for user actions, has no sync for tabs inside containers, and can simply remove all your containers with whatever is inside without any warning.
A note to developer. As you mentioned in readme on GitHub:
>What does the reset button in the popup do?
>It will remove all containers from your device and also from the sync storage
Why is that so? By common sense, it should remove containers from local device only, but keep those in sync storage for further restoring. Moreover, there is no warning for such dangerous action, nor feedback afterwards. Such operations must prompt user for confirmation before simply deleting everything.
P. S. To any Windows users who have suffered complete removal of containers and tabs within because of this add-on – there is a chance to recover them by restoring previous version of containers.json. First you need to locate your profile folder: go to Firefox Help → Troubleshooting Information → Profile Folder → Open Folder. Then you need to find containers.json, right click on it and choose Properties → Previous Versions. If you are lucky, there will be saved version of your previous containers, and you can restore it by clicking respective button. Worked for me on Windows 7.Hi,
The reset functionality has been removed from the addon from version 1.0.2 and above.
More details can br found at https://github.com/ramkumar-kr/containers-sync/issues/3
- by Viking, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Does not work as expected. I wanted to test synchronization between devices and it added all of the containers from one device to the other (so I had them duplicated). When I tried to delete them the duplicated ones were also synced.
I guess that the extension work fine as a backup of containers, but currently it does not really help with syncing between devices.
On a unrelated note, it does not respect the dark theme version.
Sorry, for the empty review before. I really did not notice that it had been posted without the text.Hi,
I have released a newer version of the addon(1.1.0) which will prevent duplicate containers to be created.
Can you please provide some feedback/thoughts on why the addon is rated as 1 star?