To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Color That Site! 0.16.1-signed
Change the colors of web sites. With the move of some sliders, you change the foreground and background colors of a site.
Watch the video for a short introduction.
About this Add-on
The purpose of this Add-on is to let you easily change the colors of any web site you want. These color edits can be permanently saved and be im-/exported for sharing.
• Perhaps you want to get an impression of how your own site looks like in different colors.
• .. or the color set of a specific site/page causes headaches. Why not change it?
• .. or you simply like to experiment.
Start up this add-on when you like to change the colors of a site. Then press the button [Go!] and change the colors for Foreground (Text) and Background with some dials.
'Under the hood' this Add-On does (apparently) more: It overrides the CSS of a site and uses a number of "tricks" to be as complete as possible. Also image processing and re-encoding is done to change the color of (background-)images.
• On complex sites with many background images this add-on might need much memory while editing.
• Contents which use plugins like Flash or PDF files can not be changed.
• Whether color edits on one web page apply to the whole site or not, depends on the sites CSS structure. But multiple edits can be applied to different pages/folders of the site.
I wrote a little FAQ to answer the (probably) most common questions: FAQ
On that site, you also find the support group. Feel free to ask questions.
Translations are very welcome. See the thread on babelzilla.
• "Simple mode" utilizing SVG-Filters
• (Better) support for frames/iframes.
• Merging styles of different pages (same domain) in color edit.
• May be: options for defining the background opacity.
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
You can at any time empty the whole database (and delete all your edits) from the "Color That Site!"-preferences dialogue.