To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Color That Site! 0.17
Change the colors of web sites. With the move of some sliders, you change the foreground and background colors of a site.
Watch the video for a short introduction.
About this Add-on
The purpose of this Add-on is to let you easily change the colors of any web site you want. These color edits can be permanently saved and be im-/exported for sharing.
• Perhaps you want to get an impression of how your own site looks like in different colors.
• .. or the color set of a specific site/page causes headaches. Why not change it?
• .. or you simply like to experiment.
Start up this add-on when you like to change the colors of a site. Then press the button [Go!] and change the colors for Foreground (Text) and Background with some dials.
'Under the hood' this Add-On does (apparently) more: It overrides the CSS of a site and uses a number of "tricks" to be as complete as possible. Also image processing and re-encoding is done to change the color of (background-)images.
• On complex sites with many background images this add-on might need much memory while editing.
• Contents which use plugins like Flash or PDF files can not be changed.
• Whether color edits on one web page apply to the whole site or not, depends on the sites CSS structure. But multiple edits can be applied to different pages/folders of the site.
I wrote a little FAQ to answer the (probably) most common questions: FAQ
On that site, you also find the support group. Feel free to ask questions.
Translations are very welcome. See the thread on babelzilla.
• "Simple mode" utilizing SVG-Filters
• (Better) support for frames/iframes.
• Merging styles of different pages (same domain) in color edit.
• May be: options for defining the background opacity.