End-User License Agreement
CNRI Handle Extension for Firefox requires that you accept the following End-User License Agreement before installation can proceed:
CNRI Handle Extension for Firefox: CNRI License Agreement
1. This CNRI License Agreement is between Corporation for National Research Initiatives ("CNRI"), having an office at 1895 Preston White Drive, Reston, VA 20191-5434, and the Individual or Organization ("Licensee") that has installed or otherwise used the CNRI Handle Extension for Firefox ("Software"). Licensee shall be deemed to have entered into, signed and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement upon such installation or other use.
2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, CNRI hereby grants Licensee a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to install, reproduce, modify, display and/or perform publicly, prepare derivative works, and distribute the Software to the public, with or without modification, in source or binary form, provided, however, that CNRI's notice of copyright and the handle and URL for this License Agreement are both retained in the Software alone or in any derivative version prepared by Licensee.
3. CNRI is making the Software available to Licensee on an "AS IS" basis. CNRI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, BUT NOT LIMITATION, CNRI MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
4. CNRI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER USER OF THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS AS A RESULT OF USING, MODIFYING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE, OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
5. This License Agreement will automatically terminate upon a material breach of its terms and conditions.
6. To the extent U.S. federal intellectual property law does not apply, this License Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the law of the Commonwealth of Virginia, excluding Virginia's conflict of law provisions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, with respect to derivative works based on the Software that incorporate non-separable material that was previously distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), the law of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern this License Agreement only as to issues arising under or with respect to Paragraphs 3, 4, and 6 of this License Agreement. Nothing in this License Agreement shall be deemed to create any relationship of agency, partnership, or joint venture between CNRI and Licensee. This License Agreement does not grant permission to use CNRI trademarks or trade name in a trademark sense to endorse or promote products or services of Licensee, or any third party.
Back to CNRI Handle Extension for Firefox…