Review by Jan Stavěl
- Rated 5 out of 5by Pantoffelheld und Prahlhans bauchpinseln Mumpitz., 5 months agoBlock Cloudflare MitM attack 🔓
- Rated 4 out of 5by jaybeegee, 3 years agoI'm reviewing version 2.0. The addon works as intended. However there are two issues I've been facing -
1. Cloud Firewall does not play well with "Redirector" addon.
I have a redirect from youtube to invidious set up. Cloud Firewall blocks youtube(since it's google), but the redirect doesn't happen. It might be a problem with either Cloud Firewall or Redirector or both.
Without Cloud Firewall enabled, I can see(using a Network Traffic analyzer) Firefox sometimes connects to youtube's servers for just a brief moment before the Redirector addon kicks-in the redirect to invidious.
So I really like that Cloud Firewall ensures that youtube's(google's) servers are never pinged. But I'd also like the redirect to invidious to happen too. That would be great.
2. There is a counter for "Connections Blocked Since Install". I'd appreciate an option to reset the counter and turn off this counter permanently. I personally do not care for this counter and there doesn't appear to be a way, as of version 2.0, to turn this counter off. To me at least, the "Since Install" counter is just UI clutter.
I'm much more interested in the Connections Blocked "On this page" counter.
Overall, I still highly recommend this extension.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThank you very much for your detailed feedback! I will add a option to disable the blocked connections counter. For the redirector addons unfortunately it isn't that easy. Cloud Firewall blocks the connection after looking up the DNS and before the first connection to the server happens. Redirector addons seem to redirect later, at a point when Cloud Firewall has already blocked the connection. It might be possible for me to add a option to set exceptions for domains which are rewritten by such a addon but then some information may leak to the servers which should be blocked as you already said that sometimes there is a direct connection before the redirector addon does its job.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Pixelcode, 3 years agoNice addon! Helps me to stay away completely from those data leeches 👍