The novel way to navigate the web
Say goodbye to the search bar** and to search engine result pages. This Firefox extension transforms the address bar* into a powerful tool to surf the Web. Simply enter your query into the address bar of your browser. Directly beneath the address bar CLIQZ will show you a selection of websites that best fit your search criteria. With your mouse or arrow keys you then select the suggestion that you like the most and after clicking or hitting ‘enter’ you will immediately land on your chosen page.
Just try it and compare the cliqz experience with the standard Internet search. You will see: cliqz is a shortcut on your journey through the web. You can skip the detour to search engine result pages, you will receive ‘true’ results, which are not manipulated by advertisers. We only show you pages that fit your search – and no pages that someone has paid to be displayed. And, if you care about privacy and security – as we do – CLIQZ is exactly right for you.The advantages of CLIQZ
- CLIQZ makes you faster – you get to your destination straight from the address bar.
- CLIQZ respects your privacy – CLIQZ is safe, does not store personal data and uses no cookies. Learn more.
- CLIQZ does not trick you – CLIQZ shows no sponsored results.
- CLIQZ is easy to use – you only need a few clicks to install
(and de-install) the extension, the web navigation is intuitive, self-explanatory and the switch from the old concept ‘search engine’ to the new ‘browser navigation’ is a breeze.
- CLIQZ continuously improves – we work hard to always offer you new features and functions.
- CLIQZ listens to you – we welcome feedback and we do everything to fulfil all our users’ wishes. Please let us know
if you do not like something, if you have questions or if you miss a function.The search bar vanishes
When you install CLIQZ, you will notice that the regular search bar is hidden. You will not miss it – the address bar is the only thing you will need to navigate the Internet. No worries, you can simply try CLIQZ and see whether you like it. Most users who have installed CLIQZ, do keep it. However, it is also very easy to deactivate or remove
CLIQZ and get back the old search bar.
* The address bar, or URL bar, is the field at the top left of Firefox. When CLIQZ is installed the address bar replaces the search bar and becomes the only tool you need to navigate the web.
** The standard Firefox has a search bar at the top right. When CLIQZ is installed, this appearance changes and the search bar will be hidden.