Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Bug fix: Clippings context menu not displaying clippings when Menu Editor installed
* Display an error message if clippings paste fails
* On Linux, the Clippings Manager window position is saved. Previously, Clippings Manager always appeared at the top left corner of the screen
* On Mac OS X, the instructions in the New Clipping dialog and Clippings Manager on how to paste a clipping using shortcut keys has been clarified
* Fixed a Clippings Manager bug that caused an error when creating a new clipping if there were no clippings and common clippings was enabled
* Also in Clippings Manager, users are now prevented from exporting clippings to a datasource file of the same name in the same folder. This is to prevent a bug where clippings are appended to the data in the existing Clippings file if the user had chosen to overwrite it.
* Common clippings data for Firefox and Thunderbird. This much-requested feature allows your Clippings data to be created, accessed and modified from both Firefox and Thunderbird.
* Shortcut keys. You can now assign a shortcut key to a clipping at the time of creation or by editing a clipping in Clippings Manager. Shortcut keys can be any letter (A-Z) or digit (0-9). To paste the clipping into a web page form field in Firefox or a new email message in Thunderbird, press CTRL+ALT+V, then the shortcut key. Mac OS X users: Hold down the Control and Option keys while pressing V, then the shortcut key.
* Clipping placeholders. You can define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available.
* Improvements to Clippings Manager's automatic save functionality, including on-the-fly updating of clipping edits/changes.
* Double-click on a clipping in Clippings Manager to paste it into the most recent host app window
* Numerous bug fixes.
* New check box in New Clipping dialog - "Remove extra line breaks" and "Create as unquoted text" (Thunderbird only)
* Paste clipping as normal or quoted text (Thunderbird only)
* Compatibility with Thunderbird 2.0
* Compatibility with Thunderbird 2.0 beta 2
* Minor bug fixes
* Compatible with Firefox 2.
* "Open Clippings Manager" command renamed to "Organize Clippings"
* Drag and drop text from external applications into Clippings Manager's tree list to create new clippings.
* Improvements to automatic recovery.
* Clippings Manager now remembers the width of the tree list between sessions.
* Various bug fixes.
* Now works with Mozilla Thunderbird! Clippings can be created from both the message view and the message compose windows by dragging selected text into the Clippings icon on the Thunderbird status bar. Clippings can also be inserted into the body of an email message in the message compose window using the context menu.
* Folders and subfolders to organize your clippings. You can choose which folder to place a new clipping in, create new folders (or delete folders you no longer need), and move or copy clippings into folders in Clippings Manager.
* Automatic back up of Clippings data. Back up files are stored in a ".clipbak" folder in your Firefox user profile folder.
* Automatic recovery of corrupted Clippings data. Clippings can now detect corruption of the data source file (clipdat2.rdf) and restore it from backup files.
* Export Clippings as HTML for printing or display in a Web browser.
* Export as Clippings 1.x format, for backwards compatibility with Clippings 1.x series.
* Clippings Manager window dimensions now remembered between sessions.
* Numerous bug fixes.