- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13843129, 4 years agoWould it be possible to speed up showing the window when pressing Alt+Shift+Y?
It used to show up almost instantly in previous versions (maybe lower than version 6) and now it takes almost 1-2 seconds to appear and I use the app quite often and all these waits count altogether.
- Rated 4 out of 5by mrbunnylamakins, 4 years agoI was enjoying Clippings a lot and was using it the other day till today, when it gave me the message " Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created." I have Not changed anything. And why did a page open after restarting Firefox with as if reloaded. Plus the Message "database for storing data from your add-ons is not accessible."
- Rated 5 out of 5by Giorgos, 4 years agoReally useful when you have to write the same boring info again and again in various sites.
No need to worry about making typo mistakes by rush when you have to provide your emails, tel numbers, SSN etc.
Nice central management of all texts and import/export features.
I only wish there was a way to sync my clippings with my Android Message Templates app which serves a similar purpose for smartphones or at least a clippings version for the firefox mobile
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14209043, 4 years agoI use it to fill in notes at work everyday, a huge time saver!!! Only problem is you cannot reorder the clips to your liking, the feature is there but does not save or function. Exporting and importing is somewhat cumbersome too, but other than that it works great thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14196420, 4 years ago이 익스텐션 오랫동안 좋아했습니다. 파이어팍스가 57로 바뀌며 다시 사용할 때 문제는 하나 폰트, 사이즈가 너무 작아 글자를 읽을 수 없었습니다.
지우다 설치를 반복하다 20018년 여름에야 폰트 사이즈가 Ctrl과 +를 누르니 폰트가 커지고. 그럼 그렇지 이 앱을 만든 분이 빈 곳이 없었겠지. 이런 앱에까지 폰트 키우는 걸 끼우리라 생각도 못한 나를 자책했답니다.
고마워요. 잘 쓸게요.
최고의 앱중 하나입니다. 하하
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14155623, 4 years agoThis is a great product. Thanks. When a new Ffox update came, FFox marked this Clippings 6.0.6 as DISABLED. Now, all my content are gone. Any way to retrieve it after the fact and import into the new version? Please help point me how I can export the current contents. FFox verion is, FFox Quantum 60.1.0esr (32-bit). Thanks.I don't see how it's possible that Clippings could get disabled when upgrading Firefox; there is no "maximum" compatible Firefox version set for Clippings 6.0.6. If Clippings is still disabled, try downgrading to your previous version of Firefox (be careful not to choose the option to delete your Firefox profile).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14142250, 4 years agoYesterday I opened my browser and found that all the notes had deleted. Your application was empty.
Clippings 6 does not perform an automatic backup, so I had to use a backup made TWO MONTHS ago.
This is a catastrophe. I do not know what to do.
- Rated 5 out of 5by harry22, 4 years agoExcellent extension, really does what is needed.
It would be nice if it could some time in the future have a new placeholder that pastes the content of the clipboard into the text
- Rated 4 out of 5by TheInvoker, 4 years agoThis extension stopped working because now it says "clippings doesn't work when the privacy settings in Firefox are too restrictive,such as turning on Private Browsin mode...." But i didn't change anything and Private Browsing is not enabled.The likely cause is that the database that Clippings uses to store its data has become corrupted. Run Firefox Refresh (instructions here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings), then reinstall Clippings.
- Rated 4 out of 5by PeaceByJesus.net, 5 years agoI have used this a lot with Firefox ESR, and was glad to see that it is been recoded for Quantum. However, I did not install it on Quantum after it warned that this add-on wants my permission to
Access your data for all websites
Download files and read and modify the browsers download history
Access browsing history
Access browser tabs
Store unlimited amount of data client side
A bit much?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14014205, 5 years agoClippings has been nothing short of a lifesaver at work.
** It would be nice if newly added templates in a folder would remain in the same spot when you close the browser. All new templates default to the end of the folder instead of holding it's place when the browser is closed. ** I hope that this gets fixed soon.