- by What???, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5False claims (like the bogus positive reviews) by bots. Only strips urls about 25% of the time. For example, it won't strip the junk off this url: https://cnn.com/news/world/secret-service-purging-the-trump-loyalists-from-bidens-presidential-detail/wcm/71470dfa-5d0a-4897-abf4-9888e0e24c72. Everything after the word detail can be stripped, but it's not. Even when you enter the link manually.
If this extension doesn't clean the junk (based on the name) then change the dang name instead of confusing people.Hi, thank you for your feedback. To address your first statement, as a student I, unfortunately, don't have enough money to buy bots.
Regarding the second statement, the CNN URL is indeed not cleaned. It's because there are no rules in our rules file for this kind of "garbage" yet. If you find URLs that are not cleaned, you can always report them via our website or email and we will add new rules for them. However, you will have to make use of this possibility.
- by Firefox user 13737162, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5This addon significantly improves the quality of my life. Every time I copy a link from my URL bar, it's nice and clean, and I am not being tracked from it. Fantastic add-on that works great. Especially useful for things like right clicking and copying links from a Google search result (even though I try my damnedest never to use Google's search engine anymore, preferring sites like Duck Duck Go).
- by dedmazai1870, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Blocked video frame from at this link https://www.gazeta.ru/sport/news/2020/12/22/n_15394304.shtml?
frame link is https://vp.rambler.ru/player/0.2.19/iframe.html?sspJparams=%7B%22puid6%22%3A%22GAZETA_SPORT%22%2C%22puid10%22%3A%22NO%22%2C%22puid15%22%3A%22news%22%2C%22puid18%22%3A%22GAZETA_SPORT_NEWS%22%2C%22puid58%22%3A%22arshavin-andrey%22%2C%22puid59%22%3A%22covid%3Agc%22%2C%22puid59%22%3A%22zenit%3Aspartak%22%7D&id=1585257&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazeta.ru%2Fsport%2Fnews%2F2020%2F12%2F22%2Fn_15394304.shtml%3F&aspectRatio=1.7777777777777777#widgetId=kizvw8mi.8w_1
And need a whitelist (as already suggested)
- by h0nd, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Id expect the tracking elements of this URL to be removed by this extension:
and change to:
But it did not happen with this extension installed.
Same with following URL:
Maybe I misunderstood or didnt configure correctly. idk.
edit: Dear Kevin R./developer, thank you for taking the time for this very well explanatory reply. since this issue was due to the browser itself, i changed the rating accordingly. thank you again!Hi, thank you for your feedback. You have understood the addon correctly. Actually, these tracking elements should be removed - and they usually are. However, there are technical restrictions from Mozilla for all URLs that belong to Mozilla/Firefox such as mozilla.com. These URLs must not and cannot be modified by any addon, so ClearURLs does not work on Mozilla/Firefox websites, but this is true for all addons.
You can deactivate these restrictions if you remove the affected URLs in the "about:config" from the "extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains" setting.
- by Gokhlayeh, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5very useful but need two improvement:
-a whitelist (as already suggested)
-the chance to clean a URL since clicking on a mail without needing to refresh the page