Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by peterfnet, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Breaks sites like fakespot.com. As soon as I disable it, site works again.
Developer responseposted a month agoAs explained in its description, the extension blocks all links that contain hidden URLs inside them. You can then whitelist manually which use cases seem reasonable to you from the add-on’s popup menu.
- by Firefox user 14773836, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5it makes control click open link in current tab instead of a new tab
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHi @user 14773836, and thanks for your feedback. Currently control click works fine for me. If you could come over to https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues/ to report your setup (OS, Firefox version, etc.) and an example of a link on which this happens, then I could have a look at fixing it for you too!
- by Firefox user 14702040, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Broke images loading in Gmail emails and Hangouts. Took me a long time to finally figure out it was this extension.Hi @user14702040, sometimes you can be tracked by images, and when that is automatically detected the add-on blocks them.
Luckily you can easily whitelist per domain by clicking the add-on icon, selecting the offending link, and click "Whitelist Selection."
You can also choose to have the application only clean links that you clean, not other resources loaded, by unticking "Clean outgoing HTTP Requests" in the add-on preferences.
- by peekaa, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Could it work even with facebook events, to remove all the stuff after the events/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? Thank you.
- by jupiter2, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Update: Thanks for the response. Really like the fact that the project is active. Will remove an alternate cleaner I started to use (it just does google cleanups) and will reinstall this. Will fully test for a couple of days and provide better feedback, if any (on github).
Cleaned links on google w/o issue.
Massive failure on RSS reader (The Old Reader): "414 Request-URI Too Large". When I copied the resulting url, it was the original URL repeating itself, ad-infinitum. It happened when accessing theregister.co.uk/2019/01/26/apples_swift_patents/ but worked fine on other links.
This review based on extension version 3.2.1 (Oct 18, 2018).Hi and thanks for using Clean Links! When encountering a bug, you can report it on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues with the original link that loads incorrectly, so that I can find out what went wrong and fix it.
The bug causing "Request URI Too Large" has been fixed in version 3.2.4
- by Firefox user 13418471, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great handy add-on! Could you have an option to let user convert obfuscated link in Location bar only?Hi, I'm not sure what you mean. We un-obfuscate links when they are clicked and when they are loaded, but none of those are really aware of the location bar. If you open an issue on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues we can discuss it and I'll look into it.
- by Firefox user 14329856, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I needed to add 'mail.google.com' into 'Skip Domais' in order to connect with the Gmail.
I wasted time.Hi and thanks for using Clean Links! As it stands there is a bit of a learning curve with Clean Links where everyone builds up their whitelist. I'm looking to get a centralized set of rules while still allowing customization, which isn't easy -- but I'm working on it.
- by Vinícius, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It's a good idea, but it has too much to evolve yet. It blocks too much in too many pages, I would have almost my entire history in the whitelist and therefore the addon would become useless.Hi! If you only care about clicked-llink tracking and not other kind of fishy redirects, you can untick "redirect watcher" and "outgoing HTTP requests" in the addon's preferences.
Then we only clean the redirect links that you click on, and we're pretty accurate on those! Only a few whitelist items are ever needed, and most of them are shipped by default.
Otherwise please report any shortcomings or suggestions at https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues
- by Firefox user 14139021, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Since the last update there is a serious mistake: All download links on pages with fire fox downloads including the fire fox homepage are edited incorrectly. no downloads are possible anymore.
- by onix, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this add-on, and I'm glad it's back. It's another further necessary step to prevent tracking, and a must.
However, as of today, I had to disable it. It blocks some of my google / bing searches. Most keywords go through, but for example, if I try to search for 'refine' or 'refinery', the google search comes up blank, as if it searched for nothing at all. Somehow the text is being blocked for the search and so the behavior is the same, whether google, bing, duck-duck, etc. I use UBlock Origin, Skip Redirect, which I thought could be conflicting. They are not. As I went one-by-one to turn them on and off, and I've had no problems with them and have been using them for a long time. I only installed CleanLinks two days, and just now noticed this issue.
I'm using FF 61.0.1 64-bit, Windows 10 Pro.
- by Firefox user 12655166, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Can't login to google/gmail with this addon enabled, no matter wot?
In setting I added also "google.com" to be excepted, but no luck...
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi, if you open the recently cleaned links popup (using the addon button), you'll see recently cleaned links and you can whitelist the correct one easily (probably accounts.google.com or something like that).
If that doesn't work, would you care to post a bug report on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues ? I'd be happy to figure out what goes wrong once I know which version you use, which browser, etc.