Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Mike R, 7 years agoRated 3 out of 5One minor feature that is so so important that a similar app for chrome has but this is missing... Allowing sites to be checked in the background would be a HUGE plus. When you check many sites, having to leave the tabs open just adds more clutter. Plus a restart the same tabs can be monitored until you remove the monitoring.
- by 3.1415926, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5Using it in XP (older machine) with up-to-date FF (21.0 as of this writing, but no problems since initially installing around v14), it works perfectly and is quite nice. A great add-on.
- by mitro_fun, 9 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi.
It would be excellent to have possibility of tracing changes of the marked fragment above or below the certain value. For example, if minimum price of the goods is $30 at this moment, then you set threshold to 15, so notification will be made when the specified value will fall below $15.
- by Dexter, 9 years agoRated 2 out of 5I love this addon, but after some hours of it checking for changes while set for a short frequency (1 minute) it leaks firefox's memory. In my case, it goes over 1 gb
- by Firefox user 6237398, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is 'the ideal' thing I was waiting for..!
I need to book exam dates online and it requires constant monitoring on the website.
I am not a superman to sit in front of computer for whole day or days !!
Check 4 change simply changed my donkey work into smart one and I am really thankful to the 'brain' behind this add-on.
You made my life damn easier c4c.
Tons of thanks !!
- by pianokendra, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love C4C! Been using it for a couple year with Aesop for substitute teaching. However, since they have updated their web site I'm having trouble using this extension with Aesop. Has anyone figured out how to use it effectively?
- by mom of a lot, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5To randomize the refresh rate, go to the Firefox tab, click on add-ons, then click on extensions, next click on options in the Check for change row, click on settings, enter the number of percentage of randomization you want.
Love the program, ready to donate! You are making it possible for me to get freelance work and feed my kids.
- by MsW, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5I think this is a great product, and it does what I expect it to with no problems. My issues are with "support"... i know it's a free product, but I did donate money (more than the minimum) so that I could get the VIP version. I have asked several times how to access the log file... and even though I paid for the VIP version so that I could use the email alert, when I try to use that feature, it just sends me to the "tutorial" page which doesn't tell me anything.
- by Steve Lilley, 9 years agoRated 1 out of 5The new version causes Firefox to crash almost constantly. Every time I hear the "Alert" noise I know I have at max five seconds to save all my work before I lose it all. It worked fine up until Firefox updated to the most recent version, and now both the browser and "Check 4 Change" do not play well together. Please fix it sometime soon -- its literally costing me money.
- by Richard, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I was looking for such a thing since a few months, but have searched all the time before for the wrong keywords ("refresh tab" instead of "reload tab"), so I had not found it.
It fulfills all my requirements, I do not need any further extension of its functionality.
- by atdoogie, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5Use as a replacement for Jobulator app to receive substitute teacher jobs, who charges $39.99 / yr for their own service (it's owned by Aesop). I'm going to donate - thanks!
I recommend using Custom to refresh every 3 seconds, and click "continue monitoring after first change"
- by irha, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5It has been working well for me on Mac OS X. The only thing I miss is a setting to have the notification visible always. A crude workaround is that I configured Growl to show all notifications from Firefox to be "Always" visible. Not the ideal solution, but I currently don't have any other notifications coming from Firefox, so should work fine for now.
- by changeme, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5Ronen! Ronen! Ronen! I'm a huge firefox fan, but apparently I'm more of a "check4change" fan. So much so in fact, that I have refused to upgrade to Firefox 5 until check4change works for it. Please Ronen, I beg of you, please update your wonderful program so that it works with the updated firefox version.
- by iamachampion, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5To the Team at Check4Change: This add-on is really really useful but please please PLEASE update it so it works for firefox version 5.0!!! It's not working ever since i updgraded to the newer firefox, and this add-on has now become almost essential to my everyday work! Please help me out here!