Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by NickyTheWrench, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does exactly what it says it will do! I love the option to pick my own sound notification. Would be even BETTER if I can choose what the notification box says. Either way - superb add-on, thank you again!
- by ibnMuhammad, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Although an excellent addon, which I've used for over a year now on multiple machines, there's some suspecious activity I've detected...
If you monitor your tcpip traffic, once in a while, this addon appears to "phone home" to check4change.com and sends usage stats along with a unique identifier, and all other addons you have installed, as well as the url of where this is used, and I think the address of other tabs which may be open.
You can check if this is doing it for you by simply checking for the 'check4change.com' unique id cookie once in a while.
I've reported this behaviour and tracking to the author several months ago, but sadly didn't receive any reply back. So I'm forced to post this here to warn others.
To defend against this spyware technique, I've blocked the check4change.com cookie and multiple domains related to this addon.
Otherwise, it's an extremely useful addon, and for this reason I'm still giving it 4 stars.
- by Firefox user 12339868, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Almost exactly what I was looking for, although It's still missing one feature to be perfect, hence the 4star review.
It would be great if you could add the feature where it notifies you on a specific change, like if a text field has 3 possibilities A, B and C, I would like it to notify me only when it changes to let's say B.
But either way a great add-on :)
- by avinashkaltari, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for updating this add in. This works now with Firefox v.45 and really happy to use this again.
Thanks for your quick response and update for this Add In
- by MonkPredator04, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5C4C has lost its notification pop-up and sound alert functionality around FF 32, and, yet nothing was done to restore it.
Was not able to contact the developer even through the contact form on the addon's site (also have a problem with C4C VIP program after donating, the link I got through the mail just wouldn't activate)
Would be great again if updated, I just know it.
1.9.6 fixed all the issues I was having. Nice to see the functionality back, way to go!
- by evamckinnon, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add on makes it very easy for me to refresh my webpage until a change is noticed on the page. This helps me work a whole lot faster doing my daily activities. I am glad that I found this add on for mozilla.
- by Antonio1, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5this is very useful and nice, but something is missing. The missing part is monitoring the entire site, without selecting anything, monitoring for an image change, or any of the page content. Add this and it will be very useful.
- by alexcaponre, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have 3 tabs open and reloading at a rate of 2 minutes but the tabs will stop refreshing after about a couple of hours and just say "loading". I understand that this could possibly be due to a lack of memory but I have 8 GB of RAM and no other programs open. If it were not for that issue this add-on works beautifully.
- by Alex, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good addon but not working :(
Autor, please do something.
Developer responseposted 7 years agoThe problem was caused by a bug in Firefox 28.0.
I've created a quick-fix version (1.9.5). Users that wish to update immediately can do so by installed the extension manually from http://www.check4change.com