To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Have you ever found yourself pressing the reload button frantically, waiting for something in the web page to change?
Well reload no further! with C4C you'll just mark the relevant text, set a time interval (e.g. every 10 minutes), and you're done!
1. Using the mouse, select the text you want monitored for changes. (For example "Price 15$")
2. Right-Click. In the Check4Change context menu, select how often to check. The tab icon will indicate this page is being monitored by changing to C4C.
That's it! Leave the tab open and when a change occurs, you'll be notified. Notifications include:
* Little dancing C4C letters in the tab icon. Clicking the tab indicates you've seen it, and the icon changes back to the original.
* Pop-up alert notification.
* Flashing tab.
* Sound notification. (Can you make out who it is?)
* Email notification.
Note: C4C currently only works with open tabs. It does not continue to monitor tabs that have closed, nor does it remember running jobs between FireFox restarts. These features will be implemented in an upcoming release.
As this is my first extension, I'd really like to hear all the comments and suggestions you might have.
Please use the Feedback link in the context menu. Or go directly to : check4change.mozdev.org/feedback.html
I would like to thank all the users who have provided me with invaluable feedback and warm words. I hope to start working on a new version within a couple of months, and implement the features you have suggested.
* Multiple selections. Can select more several selections using the Ctrl (or Command) key. C4C will monitor changes in any of them.
* Log file now opens automatically in a new tab if it is used.
* Several bug fixes (in particular a false-alarm bug that began to occur in recent Fire-Fox versions).