- by Firefox user 14782204, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I really like this addon because it also has a good wiki with recommendation regarding the avaiable settings in this addons.
However I have two questions for which I did not found a clear answer:
1. In the Header -> Referer section of the wiki it is noted that two options should not be set in about:config. I assume that setting these options in the user.js is also problematic?
2. If these options are modified (in about:config or user.js) how does this negatively affect the addon?
Edit: Thanks to the developer for the fast answer.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago1. Yes, settings those options in the user.js file is also problematic.
2. The options for managing the headers are a workaround for the existing functionality in Firefox. There isn't a way to toggle those settings using the APIs available. If a user changes those options in their preferences, it may prevent Chameleon from setting the header values properly. Firefox modifies the headers before Chameleon can.
- by Firefox user 14592915, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hello. I have this add-on, and I have one question... Why are YouTube videos in mobile mode? I wanna use this add-one and watch regular YouTube videos. As of now, I have this add-on disabled. Is there anyway to fix this?You are probably using a mobile profile (iOS/Android). Visit https://httpbin.org/headers and if you see Android or iOS, you are using a mobile profile. If not, please open an issue here: http://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- by Firefox user 14235744, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Problem with window.name protection on ip-check.info .
ip-check.info Adding whitelist is invalid
- by blankon, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5amazing, is that possible to change user agent based on tab container?
so every tab container have different consistent user agentIt's possible for the request headers but it wouldn't work for the navigator properties (another way for sites to fingerprint your platform and user agent). I plan to work on something for containers in the near future.
- by alekksander, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5the bad: options are somehow slightly confusing (for instance built-in browser (about:config) options are not obviously distinguished from extras that come with the addon itself). etag prevention doesn't work if „real profile” is setup.
the good: finally something open sourced that has ip spoofing, mechanisms against etag, and plenty plenty more! focued chameleon icon is a cherry on top. must have!I think you may find the wiki helpful: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki
The Etag option should still work if you're using your real profile, but if you're having issues, please open an issue. :)
- by John, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Simple to use, rich in functions, user friendly interface, thanks to the author!
사용이 간단하고 기능성, 인성화, 감사 작성자!
использование простых, функционально, интерфейса, и спасибо автору!
Fácil de usar, rica, funciones de interfaz humana, gracias al autor.
- by FF_user, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Good morning,
First of all thanks to the developers for this application that I like very much.
I would like to report a small problem, when I choose to spoof yutube with a desktop version of chrome that does not display the youtube page correctly. It doesn't seem to load everything.
I don't know if the problem comes only from my home or if others have the same problem.
And I also have a suggestion, it would be great to be able to choose between which browsers the random switch. For example to tell him to only use firefox versions for example.
Thank you and good luck.I've experienced the same issue with Youtube when the user agent switches. I've opened an issue here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues/18
For your suggestion, check the status of this issue: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues/17