- by Firefox user 14149441, 22 days agoRated 5 out of 5Really like this extension and it's not leaking any of my real information BUT I've done about 10 random experiments on amiunique.org and 7 of them were on red numbers, even as low as 0.1 of al registries... I mean... it's not leaking my real information but the entire point of a spoof-er it's to "blend in" with the crowd making me NOT unique. Even if it's fake information I guess a bad actor could track this pretty "unique" and I guess very identifiable fake information to connect the dots to someone. Could there be an option to only use "common" information, like OS, fairly updated browsers and devices that are on the "green" very "common" not "unique" side of the spectrum?
I know I can choose which ones to exclude but I don't know the rare ones from the common ones. Cheers.
- by Usuário FF 17151627, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Extensão muito boa tanto para o Firefox de Desktop e que pode ser instalada no Firefox para Android, funciona bem, mas precisa melhorar uns erros gráficos que acontece quando se vai nas configurações da mesma.
- by USER-EXPERIENCEONLY, 7 months agoRated 2 out of 51-10-22: when pages detect something not right in your settings, such as time zone wrong or browser version not correct or screen resolution incorrect under chameleon settings, then page will not load and you get an error message from chameleon "not on whitelist". well If I wanted it on the whitelist, I would not be using chameleon to begin with. Needed a way to trick webpages and obfuscate your browser fingerprint WITHOUT them blocking you. Only way to do that is with a residential proxy. So I don't really see what purpose Cham. is if the site KNOWS your profile is fake? Most sites don't track by browser version anyways. Am I missing something here? need better documentation showing users how to use cham. Also SLOW to load and they have not fixed the problem where some other program has a popup and then Cham will not popup
changed recently, now will not load facebook and keeps asking to white list it. When you try to "white list" it, does not take, have to disable this ext to use facebook, not good. No explaination given. bad.
- by TELLALL4ALL, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5Has gotten worse over time. Interferes with vpn proxy alerts. You have to close those to open settings on chameleon. Slow to load,sometimes won't and you have to restart browser. Conflicts with hoxx proxy or any proxy that tries to give small right and bottom alerts. program cannot then open settings until you close the proxy alerts. Otherwise good. Good documentation. Still need more documentation and tutorials as sites are getting pretty sophisticated in blocking/profiling browsers and detecting chameleon settings.
- by the_dragonlord, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is awesome. My only true issue is that the mobile options clash with certain sites requiring desktop formats or certain browsers. This is understandable though. To remedy this, I disabled all classing browser options, including the all mobile browsers, Edge, and Firefox ESR.
Try the following site to test Chameleon after choosing your options:
Once tested, refresh the page and test it again.