Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12807353, 19 days agoRated 5 out of 5The UI/options and documentation might be a little bit unintuitive and sparse, imho. However, with experimentation to figure out what each option really does, this really is a highly effective tool that runs smoother than the 2 or 3 other addons it replaces.
- by Arnold_Rac, 20 days agoRated 2 out of 5I love your plugin but Your latest Version 0.20.3.1 has a few bugs,
1. it stops sites to work properly, I have to disable it to make them work and then I re enable your plugin, It doesn't let Dailymotion video to play when its embeded in site.
2. It usually do not pick up timezone whereas previous version did.
and this new version doesn't let me delete the email in tutanota mail earlier I used to (again I disable plugin to delet mail and then reenable it)
and there are few other things... so on...
3. You imposed a few features rather giving choice like Cookie (Policy). There is no way to disable it, once has to select Allow visit bare minimum whereas the fact is I already use Firefox privacy feature to handle cookie functionality.
May I know why you will fix them?
Developer responseposted 20 days agoHi Arnold_Rac,
Please create an issue here so that I can ensure that the issues you're facing can be resolved. https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues
Depending on the settings you enable, Chameleon will break things. I can try to resolve some issues but I need to know more information (like your settings).
1. This may be caused by a number of settings.
2. Can you list the URLs timezone spoofing is not working for you? I'd need to know your settings to help fix the issue with tutanota.
3. Chameleon allows you to conveniently manage some Firefox preferences like the cookie options. It preserves your existing settings so this should not cause issues. There was a bug in v0.20.0 for the cookie options that caused the settings to be reset, but that has been fixed.
- by HELPINGREVIEWZ, 23 days agoRated 3 out of 5latest version not functional. cannot set timezone, and many other parameters. go back to earlier version which worked. Because you screwed up your upgrade. we are not here to debug your bad programs.
- by cluelessdev, 25 days agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, thanks sereneblue. Too bad last updates (v0.20.1 now) took over Firefox cookies management and you can't manage cookies permissions on a per-site basis anymore. Or can you?
I used to allow cookies only from a handful of websites.
Developer responseposted 24 days agoHi cluelessdev, I've actually never used that specific feature in Firefox and I'm not sure where it's located. I've checked and it used to be accessible as mentioned in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1200198 but I can't seem to find it. Chameleon doesn't handle cookie permissions on a per-site basis but you should be able to do that with uMatrix or Cookie Autodelete.
- by Bendrix, 25 days agoRated 3 out of 5It used to work fine until This Addon was updated.
It breaks Youtube, video list on channel page does not load properly.
Can you please fix this issue with youtube ? I do not use any settings except for spoof IP timezone.
I think i'll revert back to old version.
Developer responseposted 25 days agoHi Bendrix, the Youtube handling code will be removed in the next update that will be released later today. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please do not downgrade to v0.12.x. The current settings are not compatible with older versions.
- by Alinivar, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Works fine, almost all sites load perfectly with the correct settings granted you don't go in like a noob and go nuts with all settings and don't read the documentation.
One issue though is YouTube, extension updated to 0.20.0.7 today and YouTube ended up loading without polymer, basically it literally loads as if it was YouTube during 2012 or something with no dark mode and less features.
Edit: Thanks for doing that! That was pretty fast, I can finally use it again.
Developer responseposted 25 days agoHi Alinivar,
I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. In the previous versions of Chameleon, disabling Polymer would only kick in when using a non-Firefox profile. The problem with this method is that if you're using one of the random profile options, this would cause issues when using Youtube. The site would break and toggling Polymer wouldn't fix it until you changed your profile to Firefox to restart the process. I've removed the Polymer handling code so this should be resolved in the next update that will be released later today.
- by Godly, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Hello, please how can i manage the extension and choose what i want to spoof and what i don't want to choose.
- by Firefox user 15242661, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5UPDATE: 5-13-20 DOES NOT WORK with tor firefox latest version. Cannot set settings. worthless and disabled.
very granular control over all your browser settings, but breaks sites often. you have to experiment to get it right. need to have better help manual for this as you have to be an expert to figure out the impact of all the settings. update 5-3-2020. They broke it with the latest update, no longer works properly cannot set settings.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHi,
Unfortunately, that's to be expected with privacy enhancing options these days. There is a wiki that details the options provided here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki.
- by Parl, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice work, i love it., Please add more screen sizes, like please add 30 to 40 in this list, Please update this asap....really nice add-on...only screen sizes issue....
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHi,
I will be adding a few screen resolutions in the next major update. Screen spoofing will be improved to better mimic real browser profiles. There's not too many common screen resolutions that's missing. https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide
- by TPeter, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Good extension. Could you add more screen sizes to next update, Also please add more windows and mac os browser versions.
Can i fix that by toggling one of the configuration settings of Chameleon?
- by Kiwi_Crazy, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5If I choose Enable resist fingerprinting option, user agent tests show me Windows 10 and Firefox 68. And nothing I can change (I tried manual user agent selection, real profile, whitelisting site etc. Nothing changes). My real OS is Windows 7 x64 and Firefox 72.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoHi, did you enable script injection? Without it, RFP will overwrite the navigator user agent. If you're still having issues, please report it here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- by My_Cheese_Is_Slippin', 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Along with the Advanced Preferences (about:config) this is better than a VPN !
Excellent work !
Thank you very much.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoThanks for the kind words. I do want to note that you should be using Chameleon with a VPN. Chameleon only changes your browser fingerprint, it doesn't make you anonymous online.
- by John Paul Jones, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5This seems to be the complete package for browser profile spoofing. Does a lot more than just change your user agent. Some of the reviewers are pretty uneducated, let me explain that some settings in this addon HAVE to break sites by design. It's how the internet works.