- Rated 5 out of 5Good convey of development from RAS
- Rated 5 out of 5Works like charm. Please add option to disable pdf.js
- Rated 4 out of 5If I choose Enable resist fingerprinting option, user agent tests show me Windows 10 and Firefox 68. And nothing I can change (I tried manual user agent selection, real profile, whitelisting site etc. Nothing changes). My real OS is Windows 7 x64 and Firefox 72.
Developer responseposted 16 days agoHi, did you enable script injection? Without it, RFP will overwrite the navigator user agent. If you're still having issues, please report it here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- Rated 5 out of 5Along with the Advanced Preferences (about:config) this is better than a VPN !
Excellent work !
Thank you very much.
Developer responseposted 16 days agoThanks for the kind words. I do want to note that you should be using Chameleon with a VPN. Chameleon only changes your browser fingerprint, it doesn't make you anonymous online.
- Rated 5 out of 5Bravo devs for being responsive after making this useful but not java disabling levels of supposed obscurity. Perfecto 7*
- Rated 5 out of 5This seems to be the complete package for browser profile spoofing. Does a lot more than just change your user agent. Some of the reviewers are pretty uneducated, let me explain that some settings in this addon HAVE to break sites by design. It's how the internet works.
- Rated 5 out of 5Amazing extension against tracking. Needs other addons to complement it though. Very nice set of features.
A good anti-tracking test is this tool: https://webbrowsertools.com/privacy-test/
With other extensions installed as well aim for a score of 50/100. Then add VPN & fingerprinting protection. You are able to reach 90 and 100. Manually add those points.
- Rated 4 out of 5need a redesign
- Rated 2 out of 5break site, some times cant solve recpatchaRecaptcha doesn't play nice with anything that tries to change your fingerprint. I'm not sure if there is a 'fix' but there is an issue open about this: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues/250
- Rated 5 out of 5Excellent little addon. LOVE the checklist, very thorough. Would like to see a little popup descriptor for each setting. Inaccurately reported session identifiers and tls fast_start setting as its opposite.
Disable SSL False Start security.ssl.enable_false_start true
Disable SSL Session Identifiers security.ssl.disable_session_identifiers false
false_start is actually disabled, and session_identifiers are actually disabled... not sure whats going on here.
- Rated 4 out of 5Suddenly it stopped display notifications to me. I need to hover on the extension to see my spoofing settings everytime i open Firefox. Before it always displayed information about OS, Screen resolution etcPlease check if enable notifications is enabled. If it's enabled and it's still not working, please open an issue here: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues.
- Rated 5 out of 5wow ! impressive, serious work. thanks.
a lot of options, very good documentation, with guidelines and explaination for each.
I will try it for some time and update my review if needed, but I'm pretty confident it will not be necessary :-)
I am now allegedly browsing with chrome on an iPhone with a 1-meter-wide screen resolution, ... for the next hour, at least. priceless.
- Rated 5 out of 5Cumple con lo que promete, ademas viene con muchas características para la privacidad.
- Rated 5 out of 5This really works , surperb , surperb !
- Rated 5 out of 5Excuse me, can I open multiple Firebox browser pages and make each page have a different browser profile?
Developer responseposted 8 months agoUnfortunately, no. The closest you can get to that functionality is to use the whitelist editor and creating a rule for each site you want to have a separate profile for.
- Rated 5 out of 5Usually i dont like to install any add on that isnt a must have. After testing Chameleon i found out that this is one of the must haves!
I have changed a lot of about:config settings, but i did roll back network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy and etwork.http.referer.trimmingPolicy. I hope those are the 2 most important one to set back to default(?)
Thank you so much!
Developer responseposted 8 months agoYes, those two values should not be modified. More info can be found in the wiki: https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/wiki/Headers
Thank you for the kind words. :)