Last changeq made me really unhappy with Categorize Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Using Categorize for a few years now, but last week changes made it a no-go unless I find a way to revert them.
- Organizing bookmarks features (Tag and categories :)
- Hijacking Firefox's Navigation toolbar with a useless one: Makes the many features I use in the toolbar, like CTRL+L shortcut to type or copy the url, one clic choose between dozens (specialized) search engines, displaying page and server's technologies, ... unavailable!? And that is still the case if you choose to not display Categorize toolbar.
- Recent update also killed the CTRL+B, CTRL+H shortcuts to display Categorize's sidebars, also without clear notice to change or opt-out these "features", whether in the Preferences panel or the doc (which still displays these shortcuts as the way to go).
What's this "Browsing simplified" anyway? Where is it that to be able to categorize my bookmarks I should "simplify" (i.e. hijack) my browsing as a whole?
Deactivated it in order to be able to work efficiently using the up-mentionned toolbar features. Will activate it back if Preferences allow to easilly organize my bookmarks without hicjacking my browsing experience. Otherwise will ne uninstalled.
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Categorize version 0.9.6.16 corrected a previously annoying little bug (conflicting with another extension), thank latif you for taking care of this!
As for previous reviews, it looks like they were pretty unfair:
1. takes over far too many aspects of the UI for my tastes. Well yeah, everyone's free to like/dislike, install/uninstall ;)
2. I simply check "Keep Firefox Bookmark toolbar" when installing Categorize; thereafter I keep all of my quick links in the usual bookmarks toolbar, as well as the ability to add other semi-bookmark buttons to the toolbar :-)
3. By default, it also takes over the Search Bar, removing my carefully-chosen search engines: Well then just choose to keep Default Search features when installing, and that's it.
4. This plugin lasted all but 50 seconds before I uninstalled it. Sure, this is a powerfull extension, real different way of organizing one's bookmarks. So yeah one needs more than a few seconds to take profit of it...
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Categorize is a great tool for (powerful) bookmarks addicts who need to bookmark and easily find back a lot of web URLs. And it keeps improving over the time. I find Categorize at its best when used on par with Zotero and a sync tool (rsync in this location).
However stopped to work in this location since last update 0.9.6.7 and the 'Report Error' does not work. Will try to fill a detailed report.
I have updated the bug reporting dialog in newer versions of Categorize. It should work correctly now. Additionally, you can directly post a bug to the support forum and ask for help there.